Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1127566p1.html]Layoffs Hit Tony Hawk Developer[/link]
by Jim Reilly

Summary:
The studio behind Tony Hawk: Shred was hit with layoffs today. Robomodo, who introduced the motion-board peripheral to the series with last year's Tony Hawk: Ride, let go a portion of its staff. [link=http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1127566p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Badkins83

Noob
Nov 15, 2006
No wai!

Really... did anyone think that this team would stick around? Or even care about it for that matter?

... Activision sucks.

TylerGiese

Noob
Feb 22, 2006
this is really sad news. recently being laid off myself, this is very relatable for me. i hope the team puts out a hit later this month and they are able to bring back many who have been let go.

for the record; people who comment on forums, youtube, or basically anywhere on the internet are generally just complete dickheads. immaturity and general ignorance is unacceptable. i hope those who post negatively, at the misfortune of others, experience something similar. karma exists.

May 25, 2002
This is horrible news... not the layoffs, they happen. The Idea that anyone would make a sequel to that pile of junk RIDE is mind bogglingly stupid... Tony should pull his name out of the project if he wants to save any face now.

Deco_y

Noob
Feb 21, 2009
Has anyone else noiced that the box art, if not looking directly at it, looks EXACTLY like the box art for Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock?

KBURNS2406

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 14, 2004
*looks around the room blankly* OH. You were talking to me? Did you expect some surprise out of the fact that the company pushing these crappy games are laying people off? Not a chance.

Tmidiman

No Longer a Noob
Mar 31, 2001
Nice to see that Obama's tax and spend is working so well. Maybe they can get jobs in construction, since those are the only jobs being saved.

It was so much worse when Bush was in office.

Obama = Carter X 10000

musela

Noob
Oct 12, 2010
Just playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 - that's right TWO on iPhone. I can't even count how many platforms I've played this game on since release.

----------------------
http://www.alesum.com

mr_pops238

This is good...isn't it?
Aug 23, 2004
Canada
AWESOME! Best news ive heard in a long time. They are simply bad developers and should be let go.

Or and for the moral people here, go away! Yes i know they lost their jobs, but they sucked at their jobs! They deserved it. Next time maybe they wont suck so much.

BigL8492

Noob
May 18, 2008
Can they please bring the TH games back to how they were before they tried to make them real? The THUG-THAW era in my opinion was when the series was at its peak, please bring the games back to how they were then.

Dec 19, 2007
Especially sucks for the guys laid-off, because it's likely not the studio's fault. Still hoping for a true, normal Tony Hawk game revival at some point.

Feral-Guy

Noob
Oct 2, 2010
despite the THPS franchise becoming less popular with each release, they're still making MORE of them?! absurd to say the least. no wonder many devs are going out of work. Activision need to straighten their priorities.

Macfool

Noob
Jan 30, 2008
SHOCK HORROR! Developer who released laughably rubbish game with tremendously expensive peripheral make lay-offs.

TBH, the guy who thought TH:Ride this was OK to go to market should have been first out the door.

Oct 16, 2008
too bad but that game was horrible
i skate and i didnt have any interest whatsoever playing on the plastic board

skate franchise ftw

Dec 20, 2008
Well once the sale numbers for this game come in that will be the last nail in the coffin for Robomodo...Thank god anyway...It's one thing to make a bad game, it's a totaly different thing to make the worst game in a series and get another undeserved shot.

Jan 4, 2010
The Tony Hawk games are good but the problem is you play one it really is no diffrent than first one. Ride was just BAD. Why could they not realeas a snow board game or a ski game like EA Big, instead of focusing on skateboard all the time.

Pyroorb5

Noob
May 30, 2001
sooo...does anyone realize that regardless of what you think about Tony Hawk Ride, it sold about as well as Skate 2, and sold a lot more copies than Skate 3?