sonicblast6923

Gaming and Family Life
May 16, 2004
I prefer Killzone, but it's more of a simulation shooter than an arcade shooter. I never got big into Halo, just wasn't my style.

S

StuDevo

Original poster
They both have there strong points. I would say Killzone but just because I prefer the DS3 to 360 Pad

Piles_of_Gore

No Longer a Noob
Aug 18, 2011
Portland, OR
Halo hasn't had a "true" sequel since part 3...so I'm really excited to see what Halo 4 brings to the table. That being said, I got bored of Reach and ODST rather quickly. As for Killzone, I enjoyed the games to a degree, but for that style of FPS I'd rather play Battlefield or Call of Duty.

Overall, I'd say I enjoyed the Halo franchise more. When the first Halo came out, my buddies and I would have LAN parties every Wednesday night since Xbox Live didn't exist yet. Ahh, the memories, lol.

trupro

All-time 808 drum machine melee champion
Aug 18, 2005
Killzone Multiplayer isnt as good as Halo multiplayer, mainly because of Forge and the community bieng larger and more varied.

However, everything else in Killzone games trumps Halo easily. I own a 360 and have Halo 3 and Halo reach, and played only a couple of hours of both of them, because they are lame. Controls are archaic, graphics are plainJane and while the story is great, i just could never stick with it because the games themselves feel dated and arent very exciting in singleplayer to me. Even coOp, which i love, has been uber dull and repetetive in Halo for me. They are not bad games, just not nearly the best shooters ive played. Resistance and Killzone are much better to me imo.

Killzone Multiplayer could step up to at least the scope of Halo (but probably not the popularity) if they include a map maker, more maps, and expand the modes. Personally i feel sony should skip the whole Dust514 thing and put out Killzone on PC, and implement cross-platform MP for KZ4. That would be a way to compete with Halo, popularity wise, but as far as the games themselves, i much prefer KZ series. Whatever the case, some improvements are needed, i would like them to expand to larger maps again. Playing KZ3 mp with the sharpshooter is quite awesome tho, a unique experience.