mitamaking

No Longer a Noob
Nov 22, 2013

This legit may be the biggest new out of Japanese wrestling in years. I am surprised to see him leaving New Japan and the tone of the article makes me think he is going to WWE instead of AEW.

AWSMan

No Longer "No Longer A Noob"
Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Hopefully nobody, let CHAOS fucking die.
Yeah, that faction���s served no purpose ever since Shin left. They’re already basically merged with the main unit.

With Ospreay and apparently Tonga leaving too, Nooj is fucked. Time to pull the trigger on Shingo leading a coup to take over LIJ and make it into his own heel faction. His justification can be that Naito didn’t invite any of them out there for his big Wrestle Kingdom roll call, even though it was their names being called. What sense does that even make?!

makoncrayley

The Wildcard
Jul 18, 2008
Yeah, that faction’s served no purpose ever since Shin left. They’re already basically merged with the main unit.

With Ospreay and apparently Tonga leaving too, Nooj is fucked. Time to pull the trigger on Shingo leading a coup to take over LIJ and make it into his own heel faction.
Nah don't have Shingo take over LIJ, have him form his own faction with Tsuji, Goto, Ishii and maybe one more cool fucker (maybe Desperado).

AWSMan

Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Nah don't have Shingo take over LIJ, have him form his own faction with Tsuji, Goto, Ishii and maybe one more cool fucker (maybe Desperado).
They wouldn’t stay LIJ, obviously he’d rename it after he took over, and then could add new members. Hiromu would leave, probably Titan too.

Goto turning heel at this point would be weird, he’s too joined at the hip with Yoshi.

AnimeKing2009

The Knight of Zero
Jun 2, 2009

This legit may be the biggest new out of Japanese wrestling in years. I am surprised to see him leaving New Japan and the tone of the article makes me think he is going to WWE instead of AEW.

That is where i would rather he go. I mean what would he do in AEW. he wrestled bryan twice already and worked forbidden door against others. And with AEW's wonky booking he would be a after thought in a few weeks to a month of going there. With WWE there is more potential to be had with tons of matches and to become a much bigger star. AEW has a glass ceiling that they have already hit for viewers. And without serious change that company wont grow no matter who they sign.

AWSMan

Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, I’m much more interested in seeing what WWE would do with him. I feel like he’d be used like a slightly more high profile Takeshita in AEW, which feels like a massive waste. With WWE, I have no real idea what to expect or how fans would react to him. Maybe he’d turn into another Nakamura (and maybe that’s what he wants at this point rather than having to carry a promotion), but maybe he’d be the first Japanese import to truly be used as a top star. Under the Haitch booking era, that at least feels like a possibility.

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
I hear Okada always wanted a Wrestlemania match, so maybe that finally happens.

AEW has so many new toys that still haven’t been used to their potential, so I do think Okada would get lost in the shuffle.