Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/813/813248p1.html]Katie as Wonder Woman?[/link]
by IGN Staff

Summary:
The Wonder Woman rumor mill is buzzing again, and this time it's Mrs. Tom Cruise that's being talked up for the title role. [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/813/813248p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

kchadwick2

Noob
Oct 2, 2005
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! If it's not Monica Bellucci or mayyyybe Catherine Zeta Jones then don't make the movie, it will suck!

JimboTHC

Noob
Jul 3, 2007
This movie is going to blow judging from the potential casting. You need a Lucy Lawless'Esque actress for this roll. The 19-24 Ho of the week is not going to work.

javiex

Noob
Jul 9, 2007
Gina Carano.. good choice, but, she is no actress.. who knows maybe she his. Chaterine Zeta is a better choice than Bellucci.

Bebbet

Noob
Feb 17, 2006
Why does IGN still have Joss Whedon credited as writer and director?

Anyway, to the topic at hand. As much as I'd like to see Katie Cruise in the outfit, she's a very bad choice for the role and it's very unlikely she'd be picked to do it.

People shouldn't get too hung up on the physique of whatever actress is going to wear the hotpants. Let's face it, who'd have picked Tobey McGuire to fill Spider-Man's tights? Actors and actresses are showing increasing willingness to bulk and tone up for rolls and, while I don't see the likes of Natalie Portman fitting the bill, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to see Liv Tyler or Jennifer Connelly cast (though they'll each have a comic-book movie in the bag by then).

Regardless, we need to be looking younger than Bellucci and Zeta-Jones-Douglas. They'll both be well into their forties by the time this thing goes into production.

Venomous2

No Longer a Noob
Nov 15, 2000
She has the look for it, but I can't see her doing it. Then again, they did get Kirsten Dunst to play Mary Jane...

tenchum

Noob
Oct 26, 2001
Well if you're looking for a real woman, I would suggest Lanny Barbie (striking physical resemblance)! On the upside, she already has an acting career. On the downside, well you know ... <lol>

Now 4 real, I think Megan Fox would make for a great Wonder Woman !

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
This is not a good choice as, let's see "AMAZON" doesn't say Katie Holmes to me. Oh and Whedon did not "drop" he was kicked off, rather foolishly if you ask me. Who better to handle WW than the man who reinvented "women power" with Buffy.

Jun 28, 2007
Lol tenchum knows whats up, I don't know if I would like to see her in a movie fully clothed the whole time tho. Back on topic, Katie Holmes looks like she's 14, Wonder Woman's an ass kicker... make the comparison.

phantasmov

Noob
Jun 5, 2007
This makes no sense... Doesn`t have the look at all. Plus, she was the girl on batman begins... how about a JLA movie?

Batman: "oh.. Rachel... now I know why you left me...I`m an idiot..."

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Guys,

Wonder Woman flies around in an invisible jet...

It doesn't matter who they find to fill the part, the movie is still going to be terrible.

rancor89

Noob
Aug 17, 2007
I know im gonna be commented on this but im not from the us so i dont know her. but danm [face_plain] Katharine McPhee is the one i would pick out man. shes how i would like to see a real life wonderwomen.

not a little small fri like katie :S.

and shell probably wont get to be her anyway cause she was in the batman movie.

Aug 18, 2007
personally i think eliza dushku would be awesome for this part. she's got the right attitude and plenty of experience in the 'kick-ass' department, thanks to btvs, and angel. she'd do a hell of lot better than katie holmes (lmao), sandra bullock and any other middle aged women.

r341ramon

Noob
Aug 20, 2007
No please no..please call angelena jolie for this role it would be so perfect please..what is this world comming to.. come on some1 back me up she has the perfect lips the perfect figure for this role.. and i've been saying this for about 4 years now.. please someone help make that dream come true.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
As talented as Katie Holmes is as an actress(kudos to her by the way for trying to keep Tom out of the loop) and as physically accurate as she is for the role(tall, thin, long legs, etc.), being out of the movie-goer's eye as long as she has been and then being thrown into a powerful role like this may not be as believable as this character will need in order to be a hit at the box-office. She needs physically stronger roles under her belt to make the leap to "Wonder Woman"

Eliza Dushku, on the other hand, would be great. While she may not have Katie's legs/height, she certainly has the sex appeal required to make Wonder Woman a success. Also, with "Angel", Buffy: the Vampire Slayer", "True Calling", and "Wrong Turn" under her belt, the physical nature of the Wonder Woman character would be more than believable.

Sidenote to r341ramon: Angelina Jolie was Lara Croft. It wouldn't be smart for producers to overlap her with another videogame/comicbook character. Besides, she's probably too busy adopting orphens from 3rd world countries.

J_Alb3rt

Noob
Aug 25, 2007
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! please not katie, nooooooooooooooooo! it has to be either Gina Carano if we're talking about a young WW, or Monica Bellucci if its a more mature WW....

jtouch98

Noob
Sep 23, 2007
Now in regards to the casting of Wonder Woman herself, Katie Holmes is not where it's at at all. And if anyone pays attention the best Linda Carter look alike who was the first to play the roll would be Megan Fox. The Co-star in the recent transformers movie. Perfect person for the roll. Beautiful and young....

So let's cast that idea....

Status
Not open for further replies.