ThaYo-Yo

Star
Sep 3, 2005

Fan-made concept showcasing the capability of talented MUGEN contributors. Keep in mind this is not an upcoming full game or anything like that (all of the content shown in the character selection screen would take years upon years to finish), just making known what could be done if they committed to it. I play MUGEN and can confirm that the characters already released are pretty dope.

Upyours192

Beware the Jabberwock, my son.
Apr 26, 2004
I played it and holy shit is the AI brutal. Awesome gameplay though. They really out did themselves!

ThaYo-Yo

Star
Sep 3, 2005
I played it and holy shit is the AI brutal. Awesome gameplay though. They really out did themselves!
That they did. The AI is brutal because they refuse to move on to Mugen 1.0 standards which features adjustable AI. They're stuck in Winmugen ways that only features 1 built in difficulty per character.

TzarDjinni

Noob
Dec 5, 2008
i would play this but i dont know where to get mugen and hyper dbz... also from what i understand it is an unfinished project?

ThaYo-Yo

Star
Sep 3, 2005
The description of the video provides a download of a prepacked sample (click the "Youtube" button to watch on Youtube).

It's not necessarily an unfinished project, because it's not technically a project. As I said, it's merely a proof-of-concept showing what they could do if they decided to make a full blown game. It would take literally years upon years of work to get anywhere close to completing everything you see in the video(such as all the characters on the select screen). They aren't exactly planning on "finishing" this game.

The Gohan, Frieza, and Majin Vegeta characters are currently in development by the creators; Gohan should be released soon. Android 16 will be a sort of Bonus game similar to the car smash in the Street Fighter series. After that who knows what they'll be working on. Individual members on the team are also busy with other, non-DBZ related content for MUGEN

Upyours192

Apr 26, 2004
i would play this but i dont know where to get mugen and hyper dbz... also from what i understand it is an unfinished project?
The sample as Yoyo pointed out is just a demo. Only a few characters in it but it's worth checking out. It's pad enabled if you got a controller. No analog though.

ThaYo-Yo

Star
Sep 3, 2005
The sample as Yoyo pointed out is just a demo. Only a few characters in it but it's worth checking out. It's pad enabled if you got a controller. No analog though.
Analog works just fine for me lol

Then again, I have a PS2-to-USB adapter so I use a PS2 controller. With that, analog button has to be on to use them, and you can ONLY use analog when it's on. If it's off, you can only use the pad.

Really stupid [face_frustrated]

JoyToKey fixed that problem though [face_whistling]

Upyours192

Apr 26, 2004

Then again, I have a PS2-to-USB adapter so I use a PS2 controller. With that, analog button has to be on to use them, and you can ONLY use analog when it's on. If it's off, you can only use the pad.

I use a 360. That's probably why. If you got a 360 controller, can you check if it's analog compatible?

ThaYo-Yo

Star
Sep 3, 2005

I use a 360. That's probably why. If you got a 360 controller, can you check if it's analog compatible?
I don't have a 360 controller, but honestly I can't possibly see why the 360 analogs don't work. Maybe it's because the game treats analog and Dpad as separate entities, so when you configure your keys try setting the Analog UP for the UP command instead of the Dpad. But of course you probably tried that already.

Sep 24, 2014
Great game and gameplay. Very fun. Only if they get help from professional game creators and make the the graphics better like injustice gods among us and add move lists, this would be a hit game. Because this game is very enjoyable