super_mario_bro

No Longer a Noob
Jan 18, 2003
Hey guys, long time Harvest Moon fan here but I have been away from the series mostly since the GBA versions.

I have just gotten a 3DS (finally) and I'm interested to know what the impressions here were of the two Harvest Moon games currently on the 3DS. IGN has rated the one about a 6.5 and one an 8, so if I were to go based on that I would opt obviously for the better rated one but I am also interested in knowing if any of you who have played one or both would recommend for me (or deter me from).

Thanks guys. Man it has been a LONG time since I've been to this board.

CptOats89

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 24, 2013
I'm interested as well. I was HUGE into Harvest Moon in the N64/PSX/GB era but then stopped playing. It'd be nice to get back into the series on my 3DS. I made a post similar to this one once in the Nintendo forum and people just told me to play Animal Crossing, which I already own and love.

super_mario_bro

No Longer a Noob
Jan 18, 2003
I'm interested as well. I was HUGE into Harvest Moon in the N64/PSX/GB era but then stopped playing. It'd be nice to get back into the series on my 3DS. I made a post similar to this one once in the Nintendo forum and people just told me to play Animal Crossing, which I already own and love.
Haha I picked up Animal Crossing and Pokemon Y off of kijiji for $25, so once I play Pokemon Y into the ground, I will be switching to Animal Crossing right afterwards. Unless I grab one of the Harvest Moons, that series has something that fills a void that Animal Crossing games never could, so I hope one of them is good.

super_mario_bro

No Longer a Noob
Jan 18, 2003

Hey CptOats, in the event that you were still curious, I picked up A New Beginning and, although it starts a bit slowly, it is an awesome game and I would definitely recommend it.