Feb 24, 2013
Release Date: Summer 2013, no date as of now yet (waiting for the broadcast to announce the info if they do)
New Class: Braver/Vanguard is a default class and not one that you have to unlock,
New Weapons: Katanas and Bows.
New Race: Dewmans from Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity.
New Planets: None confirmed or had been told by SoJP yet but through data-mining and a trailer it is suggested another 3 new planets are coming out with one having a beach-like area as shown in an early trailer.

Everyone is going to love this news: When Episode 2 goes live, everyone will be getting a new character slot as a compassion to having a new race and new default class in the game.

Here is a picture of the Dewman race and the new weapons

Untitled.png

Dam that female dewman looks sexier and better than my Female cast (caseal).

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
More news, Channel is back up from break:

New Darker type of Enemies: They are bird-like enemies, the first shown was a hawk-like darker in the new beach area.
Returning boss: The all classic De Rol Le snake/worm boss is back as a serpent now in the new planet.
New Planet: One new planet was just confirmed and showcased with the new enemies.
Weapons: Simply badass enough for you to go braver because of the mix of range + melee style.
Another new weapon is shown: Shield-n-Sword

Will post more info a I gather some more tonight and this morning and will try to get a picture of the new monsters.

Oh biggest news for everyone because it was just announced: PSO2 Episode 2 goes live on July 17th (16th for US/EU players)

LoL no way I am going to play the English version now unless if it is up-to-date with the JP version.

Edit: Forgot to mention, when Episode 2 comes out, your sub-class will now gain a portion of the exp you receive now.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
With new flowing info coming in every few-n-here I regret going all about this bit by bit but hey, who can stop me from doing this?

Here's some new info on what is coming up in reminder of 2013:

PSO2's roadmap aka scheluded updates: (JP only)
July
- Support partner (loli/shota)
- Arks Road
- Ep.2 New field Vopal
- Ep.2 New race Dewman
- Ep.2 New weapon category katana/bullet bow

September
- New field

October
- New difficulty Super Hard
- Lv65 cap raise

November
- New field

December
- New quest for 12 players
- New system for item customization

By new field, they mean planet. So one new planet during launch, another in September, and one more in December.

Edit: lol I forgot to mention something again: When Episode 2 goes live, everyone gets a my mini room for free. It's basically a small version of the My Room.

Double Edit: LoL god I suck at remembering everything: New enemy mechanic is introduce with the new planet-----A Day-n-Night time effect: Areas will now go day and night (not sure whether in-game or according to real-life timing) and will affect enemy behaviors, strength, and characteristics.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Finally going to bed with one last line of info, nah really like pictures actually:

New boss: It is not De Rol Le as I said before but a revision of him into a new boss named
Bal Rodus / Bal Rhodes
Bal-lodus-450x251.png

New areas of the new Planet confirmed to be named Wopal
Beach-Area-450x251.png

New-Planet-Wopal-450x253.jpg

Now good day and good night, well post up more info in the morning if any new ones comes out because it is 2:22 a.m. pst and I need to get some sleep from all of this excitement.

Special thanks to http://bumped.org/psublog/ and http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208238 for providing some info that I couldn't translate.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
@PloCoon
It's an expansion so big things like this would consider to be a new Episode as it also continues the main story line. So can't be an update.

@Quatre47

The free character slot was a compassion for the new race. Don't have to use it for the dewmans but hey it's a new race entirely based for close range combat so why not try a new race?

Feb 24, 2013
Now they give away free character slot?

...I've allready bought 2 of those...

Oh and lol I have 3 accounts because I didn't want to buy a character slots (1 being still unused and empty for special reasons) but with this I'll be getting 3 free character slots actually :D.