Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/116/1160105p1.html]Jones and Slade on Wolverine's List[/link]
by Jim Vejvoda

Summary:
Hugh Jackman and 20th Century Fox are zeroing in on a replacement for Darren Aronofsky as the director of The Wolverine. [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/116/1160105p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Stryks

Noob
Jul 11, 2006
So we went from having a director that made an oscar nominee film (not sure if it won it tho) to maybe getting a director that made a twilight film.

wow Fox, just fucking wow...

Eames1892

Noob
Feb 9, 2011
You forget that David Slade also Directed the great 39 Days of Night and Hard Camdy, also Duncan Jones is a pretty good director, moon and Source Code are both great, they don't have as much experience as Aronofsky but they are still great choices.

Jan 18, 2010
Source Code...was crap...
David Slade.....is crap...
Thinking this is a good idea ....is crap...
That is all

Jul 17, 2003
This movie is not getting made...
On a related note, I'm glad Fox is FINALLY learning NOT to rush a genre movie. It's much smarter of them to in no hurry to make this thing. They're already making (and rushing) First Class into theaters; that'll keep Disney from wrestling the rights to the X-Men back.

Oct 17, 2010
Id prefer Duncan Jones personally. Moon was an underrated movie and i havent seen Source Code yet cause id rather wait for the dollar movie for that one, but ive lost hope on Wolverine anyways at this point.

-Free Earl

NOsborn

Noob
Nov 12, 2008
Well Fox does not want to lose any money before rights are lost so they will rush this movie. If the script is solid then they can manage with a weak director. Hope is all I have.

Feb 3, 2011
I just kind of feel like anyone who directed a Twilight movie is tainted and should stay away from things I really want to see.

RedSon64

Noob
Sep 13, 2010
Can someone tell me who on earth thought it was a good idea to have whoever directed twilight direct superhero movies? Whenever I hear this I end up expecting the movies to be DOA automatically. Seriously not cool guys.

evancote

Noob
Jun 13, 2010
You do realize Slade directed a movie based off of a graphic novel long before he directed a Twilight movie. Just saying.

Apr 7, 2011
Just thought i'd put it out there- origins was pretty good (badass even). To those that disagree you can just shut the hell up. X men 1&2 were ok, a bit boring but ok. I mean look at sabretooth in X1- he fucking sucked, yet Lievy boy was awesome. One of many advantages origins has over the others. Read it and agree

Sep 29, 2010
It's pretty lame that just because Slade directed Eclipse that you guys discredit him as a director. He made two good films before that. So stop trying to sound cool with the "I'll never see the wolvie movie if it's directed by the Twilight guy". It makes you look ignorant and I'm pretty that as much trash as you all talk about Twilight I know you've all seen them, if you haven't then you sound even more ignorant by discrediting a movie without watching it and being the judge yourself.

Aubrey_Knight

Prime Member
Sep 12, 2001
I like Duncan Jones, but I would prefer if he made his own original films and not be a director for hire, and have Fox interfere with his creative vision.

Truthfully after Aronofsky left, My interest in this film have gone way down anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.