BioGrown12

Noob
Dec 26, 2012
"Johnson wants changes to NASCAR officiating: #48-Jimmie Johnson called for major changes to the way NASCAR officiates races on Wednesday, four days after two high-profile incidents at Richmond International Raceway continued to be the talk of NASCAR. Johnson proposed halting a race with a red-flag to review any questionable circumstances, similar to an NFL-style replay timeout. "In my opinion, if there is a question they don't know, they need to stop the race immediately," Johnson said during a promotional event at Charlotte Motor Speedway. "Red flag, pits are closed, figure it out and make the best judgment they can. Because trying to go back on Monday or Tuesday to fix the situation is just too much, and then I learn something about a ripple effect." NASCAR announced the largest penalties in its history late Monday night after reviewing actions taken by the Michael Waltrip Racing team to manipulate the outcome of NASCAR's Chase for the Sprint Cup field. Initially, NASCAR said it saw nothing wrong with what MWR did  which included having Brian Vickers make a late-race pit stop to give up a position in the race, which helped teammate Martin Truex Jr. make the Chase. NASCAR later removed Truex from the Chase with its penalty. Stopping the race for an incident like Clint Bowyer's suspicious spin -- he said after the race and in his first public comments Tuesday since the penalties that he did not spin on purpose -- would have been hard for some people to swallow, but also "the lesser of the evils," Johnson said.(USA Today)(9-12-2013)"

Johnson your an idiot for thinking this.

Quatre47

Fuwa Fuwa Time!!
Aug 9, 2001
Oklahoma
Do you know what causes more people to stop watching races? ...When they stop driving the cars..

The NFL can do this because it takes them about 2 minutes to review a play, and the plays stopped by then anyways, no effect. Stopping all of the cars is insane and would ruin the pace of the race.

BioGrown12

Noob
Dec 26, 2012
I couldn't agree more! I didn't know that NASCAR changed the restart procedures until I saw it on the ticker of FOX Sports 1 during the rain delay...

slyva767

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 2, 2010
Hicktown, TN
So your saying a 6 time champion, the guy with the 3rd most titles in Nascar history is complaining about how things are done. Well, what about all the other drivers who are not winning the title ever year like yourself. SHUT UP!!!!

BioGrown12

Noob
Dec 26, 2012
1.) Don't tell me to shut up.
2.) This post is over 4 months old.
3.) What upsets me is that NASCAR is changing the whole series without the input of the fans. Look at the proposed rule changes regarding the points system.

4.) Don't tell me to shut up.