Aug 11, 2004
I have yet to play a Star Ward game that is its equal. Why can't they make them like this anymore? Since this game, to me, they have all taken a step backwards... What SW game come the closest to this quality on current gen?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2015
Do you remember The Force Unleashed's "previs" clips around the time that game was first announced? Back then I was so certain that this game would echo Jedi Knight's gameplay with similar blaster and saber mechanics, behind-the-back 3rd person shooting/slashing, with the added bonus of crazy force powers. And then the demo came out. This was back at a time when I was naïve enough to think a game could flip its creative direction between the demo and full release, so I held out hope that it would later take the form of something more familiar. Unfortunately it stayed as the action/adventure platformer we know today. It was fun in its own right, but I still can't help but wonder how the same concept would have turned out set to the tune of Jedi Knight's gameplay.

To answer your first question, I assume many developers are now more worried about scaring away the malleable under-10-y/os than they are about implementing combat systems that are both fun and challenging to learn. As for which SW game I thought came the closest on current gen... I'm drawing a blank here. [face_tongue] The last game that I think came close to the level of depth and enjoyability was KotOR; baring in mind this was from a completely different genre.