BCFF11

Super Star
Jun 1, 2020
Em frente ao computador
what kind of investments helped you gain your financial independence

I invest in "fundos Imobiliários". They are like Brazilian REITs and pay dividends every month.

Currently I receive 10k BRL per month as passive income.

I can already retire. But my goal is to have 20k of dividends per month so I can continue investing without having to work.

BCFF11

Super Star
Jun 1, 2020
Em frente ao computador
I work in IT and I'm sick and tired of working these stressful jobs.

But soon I'll be able to retire early and spend my days doing jack shit.

I wish I started investing before.

BCFF11

Super Star
Jun 1, 2020
Em frente ao computador
The man who lives in low-cost buildings (a.k.a MRV in Brazil) unfortunately has nothing to do because his life is spent in low-skilled jobs (a.k.a SUBÃO in Brazil) with minimum wage.

In these cases, it's over.

Most Brazilians do this every day to go to their jobs and get paid 1k BRL per month:

sp-falha-metro-estacao-se.jpg

Slavery still exists.

They only solution is to invest for passive income and buy your freedom.

D

deleted-96579213

Original poster
I invest in "fundos Imobiliários". They are like Brazilian REITs and pay dividends every month.

Currently I receive 10k BRL per month as passive income.

I can already retire. But my goal is to have 20k of dividends per month so I can continue investing without having to work.
How much did you invest to earn 10,000 a month? I've invested around 1.4 million in CDB, which typically brings in only 14k a month, been thinking about dropping 500k in fundos imobiliários.

Dexterxt.

No Longer a Noob
Apr 1, 2023
Having passive income is the only way worth living. Some users say that it’s possible to live in São Paulo with 3k a month… they must be crazy.

Just imagine living a life that you must work for 12hrs a day, Monday through Saturday just to make 3k a month in a shit job.

You work just to pay the bills while having absolutely no joy in life. Now imagine this for long years, until you finally retire at 65, receiving close to nothing from the government, and die in a dumpster they call public hospital. It is brutal

@BCFF11

BCFF11

Super Star
Jun 1, 2020
Em frente ao computador
How much did you invest to earn 10,000 a month? I've invested around 1.4 million in CDB, which typically brings in only 14k a month, been thinking about dropping 500k in fundos imobiliários.

I invested 800k in Brazilian REITs and they pay me 10k per month.

With my current wallet, 1 million will give me about 12k of dividends per month.

D

deleted-96579213

Original poster
I invested 800k in Brazilian REITs and they pay me 10k per month.

With my current wallet, 1 million will give me about 12k of dividends per month.
That seems like a better deal than CDB.
Are you able to withdraw the profit monthly?

S0over

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 12, 2021
Cinzas desse mundo
Having passive income is the only way worth living. Some users say that it’s possible to live in São Paulo with 3k a month… they must be crazy.

Just imagine living a life that you must work for 12hrs a day, Monday through Saturday just to make 3k a month in a shit job.

You work just to pay the bills while having absolutely no joy in life. Now imagine this for long years, until you finally retire at 65, receiving close to nothing from the government, and die in a dumpster they call public hospital. It is brutal

@BCFF11
With 12k in São Paulo you cant even buy cereals

BCFF11

Super Star
Jun 1, 2020
Em frente ao computador

@BCFF11

It's fuckin brutal.

I don't know how people can live paycheck to paycheck.

This is modern slavery.

I want to retire as soon as possible.

You can't enjoy life being a prisoner 8 hours a day. Sometimes 12 hours a day if you count commuting.

Oct 15, 2015
Mais engraçado é que colocando esses valores em dólares o sujeito percebe o quão pobre é.

Estou entre os 5% mais ricos do Brasil, mas no EUA eu estaria ganhando um pouco acima do salário mínimo americano. [int_lolsuper]

BCFF11

Super Star
Jun 1, 2020
Em frente ao computador
Mais engraçado é que colocando esses valores em dólares o sujeito percebe o quão pobre é.

Estou entre os 5% mais ricos do Brasil, mas no EUA eu estaria ganhando um pouco acima do salário mínimo americano. [int_lolsuper]

A burger flipper job in USA pays more than an Engineer job in Brazil.

The only way to be rich is to have passive income in USD.

@Dexterxt.

txbulltaco

doodle dood
Nov 21, 2002

@BCFF11
they get paid 3k a month by the state?

Kroperito

No Longer a Noob
Jul 19, 2022
No, they aren´t.
Brazilian Real Estate Investment Funds (FIIs) are not companies focused on real estate investments like most REITs, FIIs are investment funds that divide properties into shares, and these shares are offered on the stock exchange, and as they are structured as funds and not as companies, their shareholders pay management fee and in some cases performance fees based on some benchmark, and shareholders have joint responsibility for profits and losses, so if these funds present losses that exceed the value of the properties, shareholders will be affected by the debts, unlike what happens with REITs which have the structure of publicly traded companies and corporations.

In everything else I agree with the OP, it's passive income or death!

S

Shaypado

Original poster
even I'm as a public employee and knowing that I can't be fired ever, I'm hurting with some mental issues in my job.

I would like never be employed and to live in a beach with passive income

Sep 27, 2011
btw here are my shitty portfolios that I feel ashamed about having some days:

1701910038667.png
1701910080330.png

1701910019147.png

1701909999025.png