Gmichels7

Noob
May 8, 2011
This show use to be pure gold.
And now there are still a few good episodes, but it seems like the seasons are just dragging on.

Does anyone else feel that they should either start getting more innovative in their writing or cancel the show before it becomes so terrible that we can't remember it for how hilarious it use to be?

Jan 31, 2009
Not really it used to be awesome,but now its just good. I like the new episodes,but their no way near as golden as the old ones from 1999-2004. I like how Stewie is not *** anymore. That irritated be more then anything.

kessbo

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 7, 2011
Iowa
I think the writing is pretty bad anymore. They milk stuff way too much. Like the other night when they showed the entire video of "Dancing in the Street". It wasn't funny, it was just filler. Kind of like the chicken fighting stuff, it's like every time they have run out of jokes they throw the chicken in for a 10 minute fight.

Don't get me wrong, I still watch it, but it's just not as good.

American Dad's much better.

Jan 31, 2009
Yeah I agree. I used to call American Dad a Family Guy ripoff but it actually is pretty good. I watch it every night.

ToNNNNyT

Star
Aug 23, 2010
I dont think its growing stale but I have noticed that I can watch alot of family guy eps and not laugh at all,I think its the writing not being as great as it used to be which is understandable after all they have done alot of seasons and its kinda the same with the simpsons and south park however the new south park eps seem to show that they still get new ideas.

I dont watch the any of the family guy spin offs mainly because I either dont connect with the characters or just dont find them funny at all.

HyperstarSponge

*the guy that posts everywhere*
Aug 22, 2009
This is true, I'm only really watching it because another good TV show isn't on at the same time [face_tongue]

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Yah, it's definately getting stale. I can watch a whole new episode and just crack a few smiles, maybe. It happens with every show.. except South Park. I think South Park is still hilarious. But they have it easier. They base episodes of real events. Family Guy just does random gags to try and get you to laugh, and it gets old.

I never thought I'd say so, but I actually find American Dad much funnier then Family Guy. *sigh*

Jun 11, 2009
skater4lifeNY said:
Yeah I agree. I used to call American Dad a Family Guy ripoff but it actually is pretty good. I watch it every night.
[image=http://www.glogster.com/media/8/40/62/28/40622867.png][image=http://whenwillapple.com/saywhy/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/adrogeriphone21.jpg]
If roger isn't the best reason to watch american dad, then I don't know what is.

Nov 12, 2010
i agree the season 10 premiere i found pretty damn shitty the only thing that really made me kinda laugh was when they won the lottery the second time and ended up in the same place as before. i'll still watch it to see if it gets better but in the mean time ive been enjoying American dad a lot more.

Oct 11, 2011
Some episodes are hit or miss. I prefer re-watching the specials where the creators were interviewed and how people reacted to the show.

Oct 27, 2011
It seems like most shows have those who like the earlier episodes and some who like the later ones. I like a lot of the older ones as I tend to catch them at night while watch adult swim. The whole musical thing where they show clips from live performances do not bother me as much as the whole chicken fighting thing and the over drawn out musicals. But I know it is not going to go away anytime soon as that is what keeps people talking about the show.

People love to hate or love to watch this show for one reason or another. They have for the most part already made up their minds and that is just how it is. Heck Mr. McFarland is not going to change the formula that took his idea for a show( which Fox cancelled then brought back) and turned it into a huge money maker. All he has to do is keep cranking out episodes and cash the checks. Pure and simple. Wish we all had it that great LOL!

Oct 11, 2011
I don't find it that funny anymore. Even the Star Wars homage episode couldn't make me laugh like it used to.

Although I still find Stewie the best part of Family Guy.