marth18

Noob
Nov 10, 2003
Contrary to what Capcom says about Megaman still being apart of their portfolio in the company. Their actions and business moves as of late seem to say otherwise.

Without Kenji Inafune, there is no Megaman. When he left the company, I was very worried about Universe and Legends 3 becoming cancelled, as well as any other projects that were in development like Megaman ZX 3. I figured since it was in prototype form, and they had this heavy fan project established, everything would be okay. But I find it amazing how they have all of this fan interaction and development, and suddenly it doesn't fit the criteria of the company? And a Megaman game of all things, especially one of the most requested game sequels for over a decade?

Tell me something isn't wrong here. Capcom's entire focus with the company seems out of sorts, doesn't it? They are rebooting games that they ruined, like the Devil May Cry reboot. But they will pull this stuff, then cancel something everyone wants. Is it just me, or is Capcom going the way of Sega?

I know it's open for debate, but how can you cancel a game that has millions of people interested in it, have devoted fans submit input and material for the game, only to say this isn't for the company? They just killed millions of dollars in sales. You do realise this Capcom, right?

But there's been rumors of there being no more Megaman games from Capcom, i've been hearing this for a while now, and it seems all but confirmed. And if they do release something, it won't be what people want. It'll no doubt be a Megaman game that "fits the criteria of the company".

What are your thoughts on Capcom and Megaman at this point?

Mar 5, 2010
Sadley, Yes! Since Keiji Inafune left Capcom, They cannot do anything with Mega Man.Mega Man has been discontinued. He was my favorite video game character. R.I.P., Mega Man (1987-2010). :( [face_cry]

BlitzFatty

The Druid Plow
Oct 31, 2007
Capcom is going more the way of Nintendo. Remember how, when Rare and Ninty had their little falling out right after Conker's Bad Fur Day? DK pretty much fell off the map after the N64 era. Same thing with Mega Man. And I am saaaaaad

Brave_Hearts.Exe

MMSF3 Battler
Jan 4, 2004
Least they won't produce any more short games that everyone loves so much [face_tongue]

Nah but seriously though Megaman is pretty much dead. I don't like it, but that's life. Hell, maybe like Solid Snake Megaman might be in another company someday (after all Snake was originally part of nintendo until Konami brought rights to him)

m3g4_F0Z

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 22, 2004
Capcom is pathetic this generation. It seems even they realize fighting games are all they can do anymore, as they're currently working on 2 new ones and still making a big deal out of SSFIV Arcade Edition (which even that they messed up badly and have to patch). There's never going to be any sort of comeback, and it'll be "lucky" to even get another sidescroller spin-off on 3DS/ Vita.

Feb 21, 2011
Brave_Hearts.Exe said:
Least they won't produce any more short games that everyone loves so much [face_tongue]

Nah but seriously though Megaman is pretty much dead. I don't like it, but that's life. Hell, maybe like Solid Snake Megaman might be in another company someday (after all Snake was originally part of nintendo until Konami brought rights to him)

Konami always owned Solid Snake, Metal Gear for the NES was a port of a game for the MSX platform that was in Japan.

Anyway I have to say, I share everyone's sentiment on the subject. I mean SSF IV arcade was bad enough but damn, Ultimate MVC 3 was announced mere months after the original which is total BS.

Jun 28, 2011
no it's not going to happen mainly because Megaman is one of the important franchises to Capcom and has been the Mascot ever since so there's no way it'll end.

To know more details. Here's the link: http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-mega-man-an-important-brand-not-dead-yet-208414.phtml

88galaga

Noob
Nov 8, 2012
yeah, i pissed off resident evil 6 rip off.. i hope so capcom going end. i think nintendo support buys megaman series.. bethesda buys resident evil.. i think they can save us all..

May 7, 2013
Please Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, 3rd party developers alike someone buy this license from Capcom's evil grasp. I have grown up on such titles as Pokémon and Megaman and I would hate to see an amazing franchise like Megaman die off so quickly although it has been 25 years. I am usually against Microsoft in terms of consoles but I hear that they are throwing tons of money at 3rd party developers to make Next-Gen Xbox exclusive content why not buy the Megaman franchise? I know Nintendo is better suited but Nintendo's not in the greatest shape right now. Besides I'd rather see Megaman in the hands of Microsoft than the franchise dying off this soon. It would actually give me an incentive to get the next Xbox.

Omegis56

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 7, 2010
Capcom is pathetic this generation. It seems even they realize fighting games are all they can do anymore, as they're currently working on 2 new ones and still making a big deal out of SSFIV Arcade Edition (which even that they messed up badly and have to patch). There's never going to be any sort of comeback, and it'll be "lucky" to even get another sidescroller spin-off on 3DS/ Vita.

Agreed.

But I am sincerely heart broken that I'll never get to do another adventure with my dear blue bomber.

But luckily I have Megaman Anniversary Collection and the X collection as well as Megaman Legends 1 and 2 to keep my heart content.

Apr 21, 2012
Dreamland391
What BS.
Megaman is taking a break, he's not dead. Besides, his last official game(besides the shitty xover) was Megaman vs Street Fighter, and guess what? That was in 2012. and let's not forget Megaman in Smash Bros... Like Capcom said, the franchise is going through "franchise fatigue" which is understandable, and I have faith Capcom will pull through in 5 years minimum.