May 17, 2014
Hello everyone,
My first post here. Recently downloaded Dead Space 1 from Origin for free and just completed it. I have also managed to watch the two animated films (Downfall and Aftermath) on youtube and managed to gather a lot of plot based stuff that seemed pretty vague earlier after completing the game.

But one thing still remains a mystery to me? Is the marker good or bad?

- On one side, the marker was created by earth scientists as a copy of the original alien made marker, whose sole purpose was to propagate the Necromorph life form. It emits some kind of signal that turns dead people into necromorphs and makes the live ones hallucinate and either kill themselves or do it's bidding (like Isaac).
- On the flip side, the marker emits an energy field when placed in the pedestal, that renders all necromorphs unconscious.

My question is that, if the marker's sole purpose is to kill and propagate necromorph life, why did it make Isaac carry it back to it's pedestal and recreate a dead space where it would simply have stayed forever, instead simply being carried of by Ishimura or later, by Kendra back to the earth where the human population was much much more and thus, wreak havoc there?

One request to the potential answerer, please don't post any major spoilers of DS1 and DS2. Any answer would be appreciated.
Thanks