Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/113/1131251p1.html]Is The Flash Unstoppable?[/link]
by Scott Collura

Summary:
Would you like some Captain Kirk with your Flash? Well, that's the latest casting rumor floating around -- Star Trek's Chris Pine could be playing DC's Scarlet Speedster. [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/113/1131251p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
I can't the potential a Flash film would have, but I guess it's worth a shot if it sets up a Justice League movie. Also, I'd much prefer Neil Patrick Harris or Bradley Cooper in the role, and I'd rather have it be Wally West. Hopefully he's in a sequel.

Aug 26, 2009
I want Wally West too! Fast talking, Wise-crackin, girl-chasing Wally West.

Dear God--CHRIS PINE IS PERFECT!

KIRK 4 FLASH!!!KIRK 4 FLASH!!!KIRK 4 FLASH!!!KIRK 4 FLASH!!!KIRK 4 FLASH!!!KIRK 4 FLASH!!!

earzmundo

Noob
Oct 6, 2010
how could they do wally? get real...when you mention forensic you are speaking of BARRY ALLEN!!! wally can come in later on...
barry is like HalJ...old timers who rock...why divert to wally or kyle rayner? get real please!
chris pine was the epitome of steve rogers after his star trek role, and deserves to be barry allen also...he is an amazing actor

k.k.slider25

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 5, 2007
@AwesomeX918
A lot of people.

I could see him as Barry Allen. He looks like him at least and he diffenetely has the charisma.

Apr 18, 2005
"Really?A Flash movie? Who in the hell wants to see a movie about a guy who just runs super fast."

ME. So get out of this thread, troll.

Oct 17, 2010
I originally thought he could be an amazing Captain America, before Chris Evans was cast, but I wouldn't hate Pine as Flash

R

ReSiDeNt-PsYcHo

Original poster
JESUS CHRIST FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!.

I think a great deal of Chris Pine, he's excellent and hugely likeable, but much like Chris Evans, I think it is complete bullshit when one fucking actor gets 2 major hero roles so close together in his career. Give someone else a shot, please ?. Ryan Reynolds, Chris Evans and now Chris Pine ?... jesus man, it's annoying, seriously. Whether I like them or not, I wanna see someone else given an opportunity.

look-e-loo

Noob
Sep 20, 2010
The writer of this editorial is really dumb because Chris Pine is on everyone's list these days. Chris Pine is perfect.

T3B7Y4

Noob
Jan 15, 2010
@ReSiDeNt-PsYcHo calm the heck down who gives a crap if hes getting a 2nd major hero role the fact is hes getting another oppurtunity for a major hero role because hes great at it and id rather see him as the flash then some nobody actor who might screw it up plus hes a perfect fit for the role.chris pine as the flash FTW!!!!!!!

Oct 3, 2005
Did that dde say give someone else a chance? Wow. Bet you are the guy who wanted all the Little Leaguers to get a winners trophy and no losers, yet strangely ati-affrimative action huh? Get your chance by being better at the job.. esp when it comes to acting. Also stop using the Lord's name in vain you damn heathen. ;)

DSX_Freeza

Noob
Jun 23, 2010
Perfect role, I'm loving how DC Is doing film on the more less known charectors (IF YOUR A DC fAN THEY WILL BE WELL KNOWN)Ryan Rynolds is great for GL and it would be amazing to see Pine as Flash

haversine

Noob
Oct 27, 2010
> "We're being true to the whole Barry Allen science police background," says the scribe.

The Science Police are from the 30th century (Legion of Super Heroes). ;-)

Axel_IX

Noob
Aug 13, 2007
Heh, when I first read it, I thought they were talking about the Shat. Chris Pine would make a really great Barry Allen, though.

nwoodbury

Noob
Sep 30, 2007
i think that Chris Pine would have been a better Hal Jordan-Green Lantern, whereas Ryan Reynolds would have been the better choice for the Flash... apparently DC Studios/Warner Bros. have their wires crossed...

aj_619_TNA

Vitamin A
Jan 31, 2006
Toronto, Canada
I think Chris Pine is a stretch, not that he couldn't do it but that he's too big for the series. There's no way that DC could get the current Captain Kirk to play 'Flash'. Pine would probably turn down Batman and Superman if he was offered the part.

I

Icecreamkilla

Original poster
Uhh being forever known as captain kirk AND the flash is something that I don't think many young actors could pass up. I don't see how chris pine is "too big" to play the freakin' FLASH. Seems like a great choice to me.

Vladimon

Noob
Jul 28, 2010
This is awesome.... I just wanna see the rogues now [face_tongue]

also whats with all the hate? he can be kirk and the flash... did you people also got mad when Stalone played Rocky and Rambo?

Jul 28, 2010
Are you all fucking mental? There is no way a young actor who's just broken big would turn down the opportunity to be immortalised in Sci-Fi culture as Captain Kirk (depending on how Star Trek 2 goes of course) AND! AND being immortalised by the comic community as the Flash AND the JLA?!

You are a bloody mad. No actor would turn the opportunity down if they thought they could do it justice. For the guy saying he would turn down Batman or Superman... are you a fucking idiot? I don't think anyone in the world would turn down two of the most profitable and public roles in the world

Sep 10, 2008
I didn't even consider Chris Pine when I first heard the news of a possible Flash movie. Now that I think about it, he could make for an awesome Barry Allen.

Vladimon

Noob
Jul 28, 2010
who's knows... the red shirt curse might get broken... though getting struck by lightning seem to be in line with the patern [face_tongue]

LB1984

Noob
Nov 3, 2009
I think Chris Pine would be a good choice for the Flash (Barry Allen Flash)
I honestly wish they would of picked him for Captain America...

Feb 6, 2008
seems like a good casting choices if it turns out to be true..however...if the role would have been reverse..i think Ryan Reynolds would have fit Wally West better than Barry Allen considering he was a sort of series Flash as opposed to Wally West being the ladies man and sort of wacky and jokester..you know?

BACHERG

No Longer a Noob
Oct 20, 2010
chris pine would make a good barry allen imo. my only concern is the cgi effects involved

Vladimon

Noob
Jul 28, 2010
@rationale
yeah I'd agree, concepts like the cosmic treadmill that travels through time, Gorilla City, gimmick vilains or a family of people that run fast could be hard to translate on the movie screen

Status
Not open for further replies.