Nov 16, 2016
Im trying to get my dad into gaming and since he likes star trek i thought mass effect. the question i have is is mass effect's jank/age not bad enough for him to like it? or should i just go to 2 sacrifice the plot?

ChrisDaViking

Just Some Guy
Jul 6, 2008
Depths of Obscurity
The Mass Effect series is def a series that will appeal to a certain type of people and maybe not to others. Pretty much like any other game.

That said, if your Dad likes the genre and isn't someone who is already a gamer, then it doesn't hurt to give it a shot. I mean ME1 doesn't hold up great over the years, but I still play through the entire Tril. at least once a year and still overall enjoy ME1 and if he doesn't play games it's not like he's going to notice.

My Policy is to introduce as many people as Possible to Mass Effect as are interested. One of my favorite series of all time. ~o)

JWB82

No Longer a Noob
Jan 10, 2009
I agree with Chris. Get him the first game and let him try it. I also recommend sitting with him and helping him learn the mechanics. Give him ideas on where to go, people to talk to, etc. To try and help him get the most rich experience at the start and then let him play on his own.

I would say definitely be there to help him through Therum and getting Liara. Lol! That level would be ridiculous for a casual gamer. After that he should be good.