Aug 28, 2015
Just curious to what others think on this. I had heard that EA held a lot of influence on the "changes" Dragon Age underwent after Origins and I never thought about it until recently that EA HAD to be the factor that completely ruined my favorite series. Origins is clearly done exactly how Bioware envisioned it and without outside interference, yet skip to DA II and the same cannot be said. DA II is ok but is a joke and pales in comparison to Origins. EA written all over it as well. Inquisition is ok, but again its a dull interpretation of the Dragon Age World, nothing at all like the inspiring Origins. It just seems to me that maybe EA is completely behind this or maybe not. But I can't comprehend what happened to Biowares vision after Origins if indeed EA had nothing to do with the groundbreaking differences. I still play em all cuz I do consider myself a diehard fan, but 95% of the reason I am is cuz of Origins. I hope I'm not alone when I say that when the next DA is created, that the prospects and things Origins had going for itself are returned and that Bioware walks away from the idea of DA being an average RPG and settling at that. It can be so much more than that, and I would like to know if anyone else suspects this as well. The boring gameplay of Inqusiition and mundane roaming around with nothing realy happening certainly has EA studios written all over it. And if this is the case , EA back the hell off!!

Classicnerd

No Longer a Noob
Jun 12, 2014
Nah. What ruined Inquisition was the lack of decent story.

I mean amnesia, saving the world from evil forces and all that, that was just so stupid and cliche plot material. And when you build a game on top of such plot, the game is going to suck big time.

No, reason Inquisition sucks is because they had no vision or story to tell for the game, so they just did generic RPG stuff instead, with really pretty graphics.

Still,, thats the plague of our age: games with pretty graphics but no story to tell. Like those rubbish Uncharted games, or GTA5.

AnimeKing2009

The Knight of Zero
Jun 2, 2009
Nah. What ruined Inquisition was the lack of decent story.

I mean amnesia, saving the world from evil forces and all that, that was just so stupid and cliche plot material. And when you build a game on top of such plot, the game is going to suck big time.

No, reason Inquisition sucks is because they had no vision or story to tell for the game, so they just did generic RPG stuff instead, with really pretty graphics.

Still,, thats the plague of our age: games with pretty graphics but no story to tell. Like those rubbish Uncharted games, or GTA5.

lol at Uncharted being rubbish. And while maybe a bit cliche inquisition was not in anyway a bad game. Neither was DA 2. it just had a lot of recycled dungeons because they rushed development. otherwise i had no real issues with it.