D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
Of course.
he’s ass my dude

if he’s still in the league at 35 I’d be surprised considering he’s hated as a teammate

overrated version of tony allen who benefited from taking a billion wide open 3’s and easy assists because he played with 2/3 of the greatest shooters of all time

RyanRogers013

I don't need therapy.. I'm just mentally ill
Jul 7, 2006
Of course.
he’s ass my dude

if he’s still in the league at 35 I’d be surprised considering he’s hated as a teammate

overrated version of tony allen who benefited from taking a billion wide open 3’s and easy assists because he played with 2/3 of the greatest shooters of all time
thanks for reiterating your already well known opinion.

D

Deleted member 96548087

Original poster
he’s still a lock for the HoF unless he goes Chris Benoit on his family

jyu467

No Longer a Noob
Sep 15, 2012
If Draymond was held to the standard of the baseball or football Hall of Fame, the answer is no. However, the basketball Hall of Fame is very lenient.

phenom4life25

Don't look at this
May 17, 2009
Rap Game Ned Stark
It’s the basketball hall of fame lol of course he will

would he have made it if he didnt have steph curry carrying his ass? proly not ben wallace still hasnt made it and anthony mason didnt either

will he go down as one of the five worst offensive players ever enshrined? probably. Dude coasted by as being an elite defender for a few seasons and being able to pass the ball to three of the greatest shooters of all time. Then when theyre gone he gets outplayed by a 34 year old da white howard who was one bad workout by joakim noah away from being out the league LOL

00vexman

No Longer a Noob
Nov 5, 2010
I was gonna make a thread about how trash Draymond is, but thanks for doing it for me.

Draymond is a very average player and always has been. The worst part is he is only 29 and has been declining for at least a year.

RyanRogers013

Jul 7, 2006
I was gonna make a thread about how trash Draymond is, but thanks for doing it for me.

Draymond is a very average player and always has been. The worst part is he is only 29 and has been declining for at least a year.
If you want to shit on Dray moving forward that's fine but pretending he wasn't great at his peak is fucking gtfo worthy. sooooo gtfo

ldsmithson

No Longer a Noob
Oct 15, 2010
Idk man he’s just coming off his peak and his career averages are 9 and 6. If he hangs around a while are they really gonna let in a dude with averages of like 7 and 5?

Is he better than Chris Webber, Ben Wallace, or Shawn Kemp

Actually as I sit and think about it I truly have no idea. He’s more accomplished than all of those guys expect Ben, but if you had to take one guy to start a team there’s no question you’re taking Webber or Kemp over him. He’s really such a strange case. There maybe hasn’t been a more perfect player ever that you could’ve put in that Warriors line-up. Then again we’ll never know how good he could’ve been outside of that. He’s obviously a super talented basketball player, but I think it would be physically impossible to try and build a team around him as “the guy” which you cant really say about any other HoFer except maybe Rodman. Then again does that make him even more special for being such a unique case? If you replace Joakim Noah with with him on that Bulls team after Rose went down are they better or worse?

It’s a toss up. My final vote is no because of that grody dick pick

Last edited:

jyu467

No Longer a Noob
Sep 15, 2012
Idk man he’s just coming off his peak and his career averages are 9 and 6. If he hangs around a while are they really gonna let in a dude with averages of like 7 and 5?

Actually as I sit and think about it I truly have no idea. He’s more accomplished than all of those guys expect Ben, but if you had to take one guy to start a team there’s no question you’re taking Webber or Kemp over him. He’s really such a strange case. There maybe hasn’t been a more perfect player ever that you could’ve put in that Warriors line-up. Then again we’ll never know how good he could’ve been outside of that. He’s obviously a super talented basketball player, but I think it would be physically impossible to try and build a team around him as “the guy” which you cant really say about any other HoFer except maybe Rodman. Then again does that make him even more special for being such a unique case? If you replace Joakim Noah with with him on that Bulls team after Rose went down are they better or worse?

NBA Awards
3x champion
3x all-star
All-NBA 2nd team
All-NBA 3rd team
Defensive Player of the Year
3x All Defensive 1st team
2x All Defensive 2nd team
Steals leader

NCAA Awards
NABC player of the year
1st-team All-american
1st-team All-Big Ten
2x 3rd-team All-Big Ten
Big Ten All Defensive team
Big Ten 6th Man of the Year
Big Ten Tournament MVP

International Award
Olympic Gold Medalist

Draymond is pretty much a lock for the Hall of Fame.

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005
I'm not a fan of Draymond, never have been. I also think he's been overrated quite a bit throughout his career.

But.. this thread is stupid and pretending like two things can't be true at the same time.
A. For a time in his career he was a top 5 (or better) defensive player, could legitimately hit an open 3, highly versatile allowing warriors to play a unique style of basketball at the time, and an integral part to a team holding numerous all time records such as most wins ever in a season which is something that almost seemed impossible in today's nba
At the same time
B. He has regressed a lot these past few seasons and if this trend continues he could lose his starting statud and it's possible fall out of a rotation entirely much quicker than expected.

As for whether or not he should be in the HoF... people were debating (and saying yes) whether or not Iggy should make it. So are we really going to debate Draymond lol. Players NOW can replicate or even surpass prime Draymond but back in the day he was basically one of a kind and was a major component in shaping basketball as we know it today.

And I hate his flappy mouth dick kicking narcissistic ass.

dab7291993

Super Star
Nov 19, 2006
Draymond gets into the HOF due to his link to one of the best teams ever (3 rings), his DPOY, and his All-NBA and All-Defense appearances.

I think an interesting dynamic with Draymond is that teams gave him the lane because they didnt want to help off of shooters, then when it looked like he was going to have an uncontested layup they're like "fuck we cant just let him have that" so they'd help down and then he'd hit Steph / Klay / Barnes / Durant / etc for an open 3. You would see this sequence at least 5 times a game.

Not only did he benefit offensively, the Warriors always had great defensive wings at the 2 and 3, and sometimes the 4 when he played center.

Draymond is / was an elite role player. The best of the best in that regard. I think logical basketball fans know his limitations while also knowing how much he made the Warriors a better team. His impact is obvious but the volume isn't there.

If his 2015-2016 season stats were his career averages this wouldn't be a conversation.

I have no idea how they calculate it, but Basketball reference has his HOF probability at 30.1%.

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
his shooting is gonna literally gonna cause a blackhole at his rapid current decline

.419% TS% lmao

Raccoon2117

Still unknown after all these years
Oct 12, 2002
He'll get in, but I think he's going to be held out of classes depending on who else he's up against for induction. He's got the resume, but his stats just aren't there.

I think it's going to be more like he'll be the "name" player the year he gets in. I think they did the same with Rodman?

DaaaaaBears

Super Star
May 30, 2006

Joakim Noah was a better basketball player in his prime than Draymond Green.

and yet he's still incredibly valuable weird imagine that

I don't treat advanced stats in basketball like gospel (contra baseball or whatever) but he's worth negative value in all of them this year. He's very close to the worst offensive player in the league right now.

RyanRogers013

Jul 7, 2006
I don’t know what to tell you. He’s easily our second most valuable player and we are awful without him next to Curry

DaaaaaBears

Super Star
May 30, 2006
But consider that "second most valuable" doesn't mean much on a team starting Andrew Wiggins and Kelly Oubre as well as a lost James Wiseman.

RyanRogers013

Jul 7, 2006
But consider that "second most valuable" doesn't mean much on a team starting Andrew Wiggins and Kelly Oubre as well as a lost James Wiseman.
I'm not saying he is an all star caliber player. But his defense and playmaking, which is better than ever, still far outweigh his comical inability to put the ball in the rim himself.

jyu467

No Longer a Noob
Sep 15, 2012
Guys like KC Jones got into the Hall of Fame for playing a key role in the Celtics dynasty despite putting up pedestrian numbers. I think Draymond will still find a way into the Hall since he was a key cog in the Warriors dynasty.

johnnyjohnstone

You Ain't Slick
Sep 7, 2008
draymond’s shooting is horrible. but dude makes winning plays. dunno if they show up in the box score but i see it with my own eyes. not trying to say he is currently some great player but he is definitely a positive for this team.

Last_Light

Super Star
Feb 3, 2008
Yes. He can't score for shit, but he does everything else at a high level. 9/10 ain't bad. The hall has put in insane scorers that aren't great at much else. So yeah he definitely deserves it.

pgtl_10

The Great Bacon Bomb
Feb 19, 2003
I feel the basketball HOF is the worse of the four major sports.

ldsmithson

No Longer a Noob
Oct 15, 2010
I feel the basketball HOF is the worse of the four major sports.
It's better than the arbitrary baseball HoF BS. Isn't Barry Bonds not even in it? Imagine if some petty voters didn't let in MJ because of his gambling connections.

I don't know anything about the hockey HoF.

NFL seems to do a pretty good job of keeping a high standard.

One defense of the basketball HoF is that it's the basketball hall of fame and not the NBA, which excuses some guys getting in based on really strong college or international careers. But there's no doubt some guys who slipped in who are more "hall of very good". And then there's just weird shit like how Calvin Murphy is in but Ben Wallace isn't.

jyu467

No Longer a Noob
Sep 15, 2012
It's better than the arbitrary baseball HoF BS. Isn't Barry Bonds not even in it? Imagine if some petty voters didn't let in MJ because of his gambling connections.

One defense of the basketball HoF is that it's the basketball hall of fame and not the NBA, which excuses some guys getting in based on really strong college or international careers. But there's no doubt some guys who slipped in who are more "hall of very good". And then there's just weird shit like how Calvin Murphy is in but Ben Wallace isn't.
It's not just Bonds. It's anybody with high suspicion of having used PED's. Clemens, Sosa, McGuire, Sheffield, Palmeiro, Pettite, Manny Ramirez, and soon to be ARod are all on the outside looking in. Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe are not in because they bet on baseball.

The exclusivity of the Baseball Hall of Fame is a myth. It's true that the writers can be absurdly petty; however, more guys have been voted in through the Veteran's Committee than the writers. The VC has let in a lot of mediocre guys thoughout the years.

johnnyjohnstone

You Ain't Slick
Sep 7, 2008
It's not just Bonds. It's anybody with high suspicion of having used PED's. Clemens, Sosa, McGuire, Sheffield, Palmeiro, Pettite, Manny Ramirez, and soon to be ARod are all on the outside looking in. Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe are not in because they bet on baseball.

The exclusivity of the Baseball Hall of Fame is a myth. It's true that the writers can be absurdly petty; however, more guys have been voted in through the Veteran's Committee than the writers. The VC has let in a lot of mediocre guys thoughout the years.
the baseball hall of fame is a joke without somebody like Bonds. legit could not care less about that thing if they won’t let in the goat

pgtl_10

The Great Bacon Bomb
Feb 19, 2003

Hockey did one thing right. Gretsky retired and was immediately sent to the HOF with no waiting period.

Apex_Player

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 2, 2020
Fuck no. Dude is a bum. I could hit open 3s from NBA range. Imagine Draymond playing his career on a struggling team like the Cavs or Pistons. We wouldn’t even know who he is.

AirNik

Super Star
Dec 9, 2000
Your Dreams
Fuck no. Dude is a bum. I could hit open 3s from NBA range. Imagine Draymond playing his career on a struggling team like the Cavs or Pistons. We wouldn’t even know who he is.

I actually found this compelling and... agree. Basketball HOF is just a shitshow though.