TheRiversCuomo

President of the Bob Benson Fan Club
May 27, 2009
Newport Beach, CA
http://midnightmanifesto.tumblr.com/post/21260429919/so-is-rory-williams-actually-the-master

"-Rory showed no surprise to the TARDIS being bigger on the inside. This is invariably the first thing that people tend to be shocked by.

-Rory has died and died and died again, once even being erased from the entirety of space-time. He always comes back.

-In “The God Complex” Rory is the only one who does not have a room filled with his fears. When the Doctor opens the room with HIS fears, hesays “Of course it was you.” and we hear the TARDIS distress signal, which was only ever heard before when the Master stole the TARDIS.

-Most compellingly, I think, is that in “Lets Kill Hitler,” when River Song regenerates in front of them and Rory is for the first time exposed to raw time energy, he immediately complains about a “Banging in my head.” The Master has always heard the sound of drums in his head. Moffat does not throw shit like that out pointlessly.

-Rory’s daughter, River Song, is half-Time Lord. I was always a bit suspicious about the explanation that it was because she was conceived in the TARDIS during midflight through the Time Vortex. As many characters made a point of mentioning, it really isn’t that easy to make a Time Lord.

-Finally, we never really got a good explanation as to how the cracks in the skin of the universe formed. We know they are closely related to Amy Pond. We know Rory is also. The Master was presumed dead, how else would he get back?"

My mind has been blown.

Malodac

No Longer a Noob
Nov 10, 2009
Could be, although I'm still not sold on the idea.

Funny thing is, the story that introduced the Master was also a story featuring the Autons/Nestenes....

Dr_Rao

Noob
Sep 3, 2012
I thought that the crack's in Time and Space were formed by the TARDIS exploding....and Amy can't be Rani cause River is definitely half time lord her DNA confirms it...Most people agree that the Doctors worst fear is himself even the Minotaur in the episode gives us some evidence of this saying for an ancient creature seeped in the blood of the innocent Death would be welcome and when the doctor asks it to accept death it says it wasn't talking about itself...Rory grew up with stories of swimming pools in libraries inside a police box and when he finally found out it was real why would he surprised..He has died but never regenerated.The only thing I can't explain is why he heard drum beats in Let's Kill Hitler...Moffat doesn't surely throw around random stuff.

Dalekbuster523

No Longer a Noob
Jan 30, 2011
It's fun looking back at past theories and seeing how wrong they were.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

ZERO_ninja

The Arbiter of Objective Truth
Oct 2, 2009
I think it's more ridiculous to see this and envision there was ever a time anyone thought this was possible.

Half the evidence relies on misunderstanding the scenes in question or outright fabrications to begin with. The idea the Cloister Bell was only ever heard once when the Master stole the TARDIS is hilarious.

Dalekbuster523

No Longer a Noob
Jan 30, 2011
It would be fun if the Doctor's companion ever did turn out to be The Master though.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

ZERO_ninja

The Arbiter of Objective Truth
Oct 2, 2009
It'd be a very Master thing and a very cool twist if handled right, but doesn't make the Rory theory any less dumb. =P