Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
anyone interested in starting a league? i'd preferably like to do hockey once it starts but understand that more people would probably be interested in football. anyone interested in either? i can set it up on yahoo if we have enough takers...

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
sweet. we cant draft after thursday? i think we can... although we should have planned on this earlier

the_carmelo_fellow23

Lynch is God
Feb 19, 2006
sweet. we cant draft after thursday? i think we can... although we should have planned on this earlier

we can I think. if we did it would have to be after all week 1 games are over, I would think.

i'd love to get a good nba league going to as I fell out of my long time 12 teamer this past year. i know there are some guys around here who would be up for that.

knigt.

Noob
Jun 24, 2009
oh, i thought you meant like a fantasy indie band or something

we could add up reviews from different records from different sites around the internet and calculate a total winning score at the end of the year

that wound be fun

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
if we draft after week 1 id be in for NFL, too busy to draft otherwise

yeah same here. i mean, i can do it any time this weekend but i would prefer for all the week 1 games to have already been played to level the playing field.

garbarator

Super Star
Aug 26, 2007
Let's just plan it for mid week next week then, or next saturday even

or we could hold like, a pre-draft on here. we choose all our players, then we have them reserved and we just make that our draft order, and then if you can't make the draft it's no big deal. everyone will just have to use the golden rule.

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
next week it is. is wed good with everyone? tues and thurs i usually go to the gym after work so wed works best for me. but i can change my schedule if this doesn't work for everyone.

also, are we doing this for fun or should we include some $?

the_carmelo_fellow23

Lynch is God
Feb 19, 2006
next week it is. is wed good with everyone? tues and thurs i usually go to the gym after work so wed works best for me. but i can change my schedule if this doesn't work for everyone.

also, are we doing this for fun or should we include some $?

I would always prefer doing it for money but I'd be surprised if everyone here would be down for that. As long as we all are dedicated to following throughout the year even if our teams sucks I wouldn't mind doing it for fun. I'm good either way.

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
i prefer money too. we can make it low, like $20. majority rules though. whatever the consensus decides.

MeeshPotato

No Longer a Noob
Apr 21, 2010
i have class from 6-9 central time on wed so that might be tough for me. ill skip it if thats the only slot that works though
id be down for $20

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
pm me your email addresses so i can invite you to the league. i'm going to set the draft date for next wed but i believe i can change it if we need to.

meesh, can you go to class but get out a few min early? i rather not start the draft time anything after 9pm because it can take almost 2 hours. but depending on the amount of teams, that may not be true. ill set it for 9pm as of now.

Bram1et

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 19, 2009
Hmm, may have work between 4-7 PM (PST) next Wednesday. Free before and after that though.

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
so far we have 3 teams. we also have 3 invites pending. come on people. who else wants in?

GoBlue32

Super Star
Feb 21, 2004
pm'd

I've got class from 7:00 to 9:50 (central) on Wednesday nights, but it got out around 9:30 both times we've met so far

Bram1et

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 19, 2009
can't think of a good name that combines something indie + football.

e: damn, only 20 characters to work with!?!

e2: so ashamed of what I came up with

Last edited:

the_carmelo_fellow23

Lynch is God
Feb 19, 2006

this was my problem too. i was gonna go with godspeed you! black football player, but not even close to enough space. i'm happy with my name atm, although it is subject to change.

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
I've used deerhunters as the name for all my teams for the past 4 yrs or so. It never really made sense till now. Ha.

Then again, I like using the name bc while I'm obviously referencing the band, others may think it's the movie, a video game, or an activity.

Last edited:

TabathaFiat

horrible man
Dec 24, 2011
invite for NFL please

last time i tried to do a money league it said you cant do it in arizona tho. i dunno how that works or if it was just the service i used. but im totally down. if it wont let me someone else can put the money down and ill paypal them or something lol

TabathaFiat

horrible man
Dec 24, 2011
so we're gonna have to draft after the weekend? because im off friday n saturday.

otherwise late morning/early afternoon monday should work. think im off tuesday. not 100% sure though my sched could change ill find out this weekend.

Bram1et

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 19, 2009
You guys should also set your team slogans.

No. 1 Against the Rush!

Last edited:

garbarator

Super Star
Aug 26, 2007
Mine will be

Some might say that
To win's not all that it's about
It's just a macho thing to say
But there is not a thing
More true
Or natural
Than wanting to win

yeaaah [face_cool]

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001

e2: so ashamed of what I came up with

I think Sigur roster is awesome. I wish I thought of it.

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
invite for NFL please

last time i tried to do a money league it said you cant do it in arizona tho. i dunno how that works or if it was just the service i used. but im totally down. if it wont let me someone else can put the money down and ill paypal them or something lol

We can have payments via PayPal if we go that route.

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
Currently have 6 teams in the league. Only a few more open slots guys. Pm me your email if you want in.

I figured aaron would sign up. Where is he?

TabathaFiat

horrible man
Dec 24, 2011
so draft is on wednesday 6 PST?

i can prolly manage that. think i work a double but i can get my night covered. the draft should be fun.

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
I won't be able to draft at that time #fucktimezones, but idrc, I can just spectate. nbd.

The draft time is tentative. I want whatever works best for everyone. Sign up and we can work it out. Worst comes to worst, you can auto draft and then just make some trades. I've done that before and did pretty well.

Tomtin

I lived on hazel st
Jun 11, 2001
We are at 8 teams now. I think 10 is the sweet spot but will do up to 12 if we have interested parties.

the_carmelo_fellow23

Lynch is God
Feb 19, 2006
What do you guys think about making this a keeper or dynasty league? It would make drafting after week 1 less bittersweet and we could start a legacy of indie fantasy footballing.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2