rocknrollsisyphus

We all go a little mod sometimes.
★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
Gentlemen: Hello, and welcome to the Inaugural Prospect Draft of IGN-MLB! Please feel free to contact me and/or NBAman619 with any questions, comments, or concerns. Now, onto the nitty gritty.

Player Eligibility

In order to be eligible for this draft, a player must:
  • Be under contract with a Major League team
  • Not have exceed 130 at-bats or 50 innings pitched at the Major League level
And that's it! Please note that this includes players drafted in 2020 (and earlier), international free agents signed on or before February 5, 2021 at 8 PM EST, and players from South Korea and Japan that have signed with a Major League team. Service time - that is, days spent on the active roster - do not matter. If a player has not reached 130 AB or 50 IP in the majors, then he is eligible for this draft.

Time Frame

The draft shall be twelve (12) rounds long, and will be in a serpentine format (meaning the order reverses at the end of every round). Each team will have twenty-four (24) hours to make their selection starting on February 5, 2021 at 8 PM EST.

After a team has made eight (8) selections, they may choose to forfeit any remaining picks going forward. Should you choose to forfeit one pick, you must forfeit the rest. However, you are allowed to defer your pick, so to speak, waiving your twenty-four hour window and allowing the draft to move on while you determine your pick.

If you know that you will be away from the computer for an extended period of time, you may send a list of players to either commissioner, and said commissioner will make your next selection for you.

Helpful Links
Baseball America and Keith Law (via the Athletic) have top-100 lists, as well. They are subscription-based, though.

A Quick Note

As many (most?) of you are aware, I watch a great deal of Minor League Baseball, and I usually make a top-100 list of my own. I have not done so yet, and I'm not sure if/when I will. However, I am still unhealthily obsessed with prospects, and I have read (and in a few cases re-read) everything above - as well as a few other items. So with that in mind, NBAman619 and I decided I'd offer this service:

If you have a prospect question, you can PM it to me, and I will answer it to the best of my ability. I won't rank a large list of players for you and I won't tell you who to draft. However, I will give you my thoughts on a player - his ceiling, his floor, if he'll stick at a position, etc. I'm by no means an expert, but I like to think that I'm very well-informed. And I'm always happy to talk prospects.

Draft Order
  1. Texas Rangers - @andrew342678
  2. Pittsburgh Pirates - @tfghost92
  3. Chicago Cubs - @nvrnervous08
  4. Toronto Blue Jays - @twisted_time48
  5. Baltimore Orioles - @MVP_21Cubs
  6. Arizona Diamondbacks - UFO Fever (Discord)
  7. Chicago White Sox - @GoBlue32
  8. Philadelphia Philles - @EverythingEvil
  9. Milwaukee Brewers - @-freckles
  10. San Diego Padres - @Shyguy2423
  11. Miami Marlins - @DNA1217-
  12. Kansas City Royals - @Ocks-Wifed
  13. Los Angeles Angels - @AUSTIN316ISALEGEND
  14. San Francisco Giants - @legends4111
  15. Colorado Rockies - @Watchout171717
  16. Washington Nationals - @Cubelar
  17. Cincinnati Reds - @immaking2010
  18. Los Angeles Dodgers - @Balcor13
  19. Minnesota Twins - @Zeratul65
  20. Detroit Tigers - @CaptainAwesomePanda / @LeBronJames23MVP
  21. Atlanta Braves - @WoTFan
  22. New York Mets - @Metfan715
  23. Cleveland Indians - @BuffRustpeck
  24. Houston Astros - @ALayton90
  25. Seattle Mariners - @rockchalkjordan
  26. Boston Red Sox - @DeSean_Grabz
  27. New York Yankees - @MrMVP91
  28. St. Louis Cardinals - @AirNik
  29. Tampa Bay Rays - @DaaaaaBears
  30. Oakland Athletics - @Sawyerson
The Texas Rangers will be on the clock on February 5, 2021 at 8 PM EST.

Jul 6, 2005
I'm open to trading Adley Rutschman or Sean Murphy. Looking for pre-arb players or prospects with similar MLB readiness and upside in return. Something like a 2 for 1 trade and whether it's you or me giving up the 2nd player depends on which player you want and how good the main player you're offering is.

DM me on here if you're interested.

legends4111

I can't think of anything clever to write for this
Oct 24, 2004
That quote is going right on the Giants bulletin board this season.

Dec 11, 2020
Byron Buxton is a really good player, you should be happy with that outcome on Pache.

A good player yes I can agree with. But the hype didn't live up to the expectation when he was a prospect. He's still young and can turn into an all-star. I'm just not a fan of defensive outfielders with a lot of speed who can't hit above average or even get to first in order to use their wheels.

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
@BuffRustpeck has not been on since January 20. We are aware that he is busy with the real world, so we’re going to make this pick for him. We’ll reevaluate going forward if he’s still absent.

Cleveland selects Marco Luciano, the consensus top remaining prospect by the available lists.

@ALayton90 is up.

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
I feel like having some fun and/or stirring some shit, so I decided the rank the first-rounders. I'm basing this on a combination of pure potential, possible ceiling, possible floor, and probable baseline. I'm not looking at anyone's roster, so the fit doesn't really matter here - it's just a prospect ranking.
  1. Wander Franco
  2. Adley Rutschman
  3. Jarred Kelenic
  4. Sixto Sanchez
  5. Julio Rodriguez
  6. Ke'Bryan Hayes
  7. MacKenzie Gore
  8. Nate Pearson
  9. Cristian Pache
  10. Marco Luciano
  11. Ha-Seong Kim
  12. Ian Anderson
  13. CJ Abrams
  14. Jo Adell
  15. Triston McKenzie
  16. Casey Mize
  17. Austin Martin
  18. Dylan Carlson
  19. Spencer Torkkelson
  20. Kristian Robinson
  21. Andrew Vaughn
  22. Bobby Witt, Jr.
  23. Garrett Crochet
  24. Luis Patino
  25. Randy Arozarena
  26. Jasson Dominguez
  27. Tarik Skubal
  28. Nolan Jones
  29. Matt Manning
  30. Nick Madrigal

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
Drop your address punk
Sure, it's:

12 Home Runs in 1521 Professional At-Bats Road
Will Anyone Walk Me if I Can't Hit for Powerville, WA 10101

Madrigal is still a great prospect, because he's a great defender with great speed and great contact skills. But where's the fun in saying that?