NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005
Welcome to the IGN-MLB draft. Please PM us with any questions.

Player Eligibility
Any player that has exhausted his rookie eligibility may be selected in this portion of the draft. That is, position players that have amassed at least 130 at-bats, and pitchers that have thrown at least 50 innings pitched are eligible. Players that have not reached either threshold will be relegated to the Minor League portion of the draft. In the rare occasion that a player has amassed enough service time to have exhausted his rookie eligibility without reaching 130 AB or 50 IP, he will not be eligible in the Major League Draft.

Any player that is under contract as of the commencement of the draft will be eligible. This means that the announcement that the contract has been signed and the financial breakdown of the deal must have been announced by that date. Please keep in mind that you are drafting a player with their current contract. Any players signed after January 4 will be available as free agents at the culmination of the draft.

Arbitration-eligible players taken in the draft will receive their estimated contract from MLB Trade Rumors.

If somebody signs before January 4th, they will still be eligible for the draft. So if you want a George Springer or a Trevor Bauer, you'll be taking a risk by drafting them if they do not sign by January 4th. With that said, it is of the opinion of the commissioners that we are unlikely to see the marquee free agents sign by January 4th.

Time Frame
The draft shall be twenty (20) rounds long, and will be in a serpentine format (meaning the order reverses at the end of every round). Each team will have twenty-four (24) hours to make their selection starting on January 4th, 2021 at 8 p.m. EST.

After a team has made fifteen (15) selections, they may choose to forfeit any remaining picks going forward. Should you choose to forfeit one pick, you must forfeit the rest. However, you are allowed to defer your pick, so to speak, waiving your twelve-hour window and allowing the draft to move on while you determine your pick.

If you know that you will be away from the computer for an extended period of time, you may send a list of players to either commissioner, and said commissioner will make your next selection for you.

Helpful Links
Draft Order
  1. Oakland Athletics - @Sawyerson
  2. Tampa Bay Rays - @DaaaaaBears
  3. St. Louis Cardinals - @AirNik
  4. New York Yankees - @MrMVP91
  5. Boston Red Sox - @DeSean_Grabz
  6. Seattle Mariners - @rockchalkjordan
  7. Houston Astros - @ALayton90
  8. Cleveland Indians - @BuffRustpeck
  9. New York Mets - @Metfan715
  10. Atlanta Braves - @WoTFan
  11. Detroit Tigers - @CaptainAwesomePanda / @LeBronJames23MVP
  12. Minnesota Twins - @Zeratul65
  13. Los Angeles Dodgers - @Balcor13
  14. Cincinnati Reds - @immaking2010
  15. Washington Nationals - @Cubelar
  16. Colorado Rockies - @Watchout171717
  17. San Francisco Giants - @legends4111
  18. Los Angeles Angels - @AUSTIN316ISALEGEND
  19. Kansas City Royals - @Ocks-Wifed
  20. Miami Marlins - @DNA1217-
  21. San Diego Padres - @i_love_NCAA_sports
  22. Milwaukee Brewers - @-freckles
  23. Philadelphia Phillies - @EverythingEvil
  24. Chicago White Sox - @GoBlue32
  25. Arizona Diamondbacks - @unctarheel1209
  26. Baltimore Orioles - @MVP_21Cubs
  27. Toronto Blue Jays - @twisted_time48
  28. Chicago Cubs - @nvrnervous08
  29. Pittsburgh Pirates - @tfghost92
  30. Texas Rangers - @andrew342678

Last edited:

Sawyerson

I'll saw yer son.
Feb 25, 2007
Jun 25, 2011

tfghost92

No Longer a Noob
Aug 29, 2009
wasn't mentioned in the OP unless I missed it but I am to assume we should be linking out bball ref pages?

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005
wasn't mentioned in the OP unless I missed it but I am to assume we should be linking out bball ref pages?
nah, I'll be building this a bit different than the historical league

if you want to for fun, go ahead

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005
But please do tag the next two or three people up, or at the very least the next person up

rocknrollsisyphus

We all go a little mod sometimes.
★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
A reminder for all:

Don't be a dick.

That doesn't mean that you can't joke around, nor does it mean that you can't talk some serious smack. We wholeheartedly encourage the message board equivalent of a bat flip (whatever the hell that would be). But don't make things personal, and don't treat your fellow GMs like shit. I don't anticipate that being a problem, so I may well be shouting this into the void - but I truly want this to be fun for everyone involved.

Zjj6Ji7.gif

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005
Just a friendly reminder: While the clock doesn't officially start until the 4th, it is a courtesy to get the pick in as soon as you can. Once the clock does start, you will have 24 hours to pick, and we will not being making exceptions for anybody.

You can always send a draft board to the commissioners if you anticipate you will be away from the boards for an extended time.

NBAman619

Draymod Green
Oct 3, 2005
I've been asked a couple times about deferred salaries. To clarify, whatever is listed in the base salary column on Sportrac will be the salary you owe against the salary cap.