OnYourSix

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 5, 2007
Because, let's face it, only about half the augments are practical throughout most of the game.

So just for fun, I figure we can do some thinking and come up with some more practical or at the very least, interesting ideas.

I've got two in my head right now that I think would be pretty sweet.

First off, I'll get this one right out of the way because I almost hate to say it (I used to think it was overused) but in this game it would be awesome.

That augment would involve Bullet-time (Probably fall under the Reflex Booster tree). Let me justify myself real quick beyond the "it just looks so damned rad" argument.

The firefights in this game I find to be very satisfying, and I ran into a number of intense ones during my "run & gun" play through, but damn is it hard. With Dermal Armor maxed out you can still get cut down pretty quickly. Even once I fell into my run & gun & relocate & gun groove (this is necessary) it was still really tricky.

Bullet time would allow for a solid few seconds of being able to dispatch imminent enemies and relocate, then plan out the next part of the encounter.

Plus it just looks so damned rad.

The other augment I was considering would be a sort of holographic projection marble. I figure it would function quite similarly to how Samus controls in sphere mode (in Metroid Prime, obviously), you could control it and roll around to where you need to set it up (either as a lure for a trap or just a plain old distraction). I haven't yet decided if the mere rolling part would require energy or if that should be strictly used for the projection (though I do like the idea of having to retrieve it for some reason, it would allow for more strategy when using it, I think).

Further I think it would deserve it's own augment tree, as I think it would be pretty sweet to have video and audio upgrades, where should the player come across say, a commanding officer of a squad of troops, you could scan him and that would be the projection you could show. Conversely, you would have to target and eavesdrop on him while he's speaking to the troops. Then once you have the projection in place you get a few options for an audio projection "disperse" "patrol this location" for example.

I figure it could store a certain number of projections/ audio files, and upgrading battery life would be necessary for some of the more complicated projections.

Mortified_Penguin

Oppai Senpai
Apr 13, 2010
Mother Base
All that sounds really awesome, especially the hologram thing. I was thinking of an augment that lets you grab enemies and throw them or use them as a shield, one that would let you selectively explode networked devices near you, and a kind of scout augment, like Mk. 2 in MGS4 or something. Perhaps one that would let you do a "bullet slide" like Crysis or Bulletstorm.

MacLur1

No Longer a Noob
May 27, 2004
Stopping bullets or flight. Maybe sticking your hand into your girlfriends chest to bring her back to life.

sng-ign

電 子 遊 戲 師 傅
Aug 6, 2002
The augmentations are fine, although I'd want a Battery Recharger to refill all energy cells over time.

An augmentation re-spec option (at any LIMB Clinic) would be handy as well.

c00lizz

Everybody's cute! But in Purple, I'm stunning!
Aug 1, 2002
Not that it'd make me replay the game but something that I felt was missing from the game was more active augs. More augs that let you approach an encounter in a new fashion similar to what cloak does.

I am reminded of that wall grappling thingy they were touting early in the development cycle.

FlyhalfVinny

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 29, 2009
The original Deus Ex had the spy drone aug that would send out a drone to scout and you could detonate for an emp explosion.

sng-ign

電 子 遊 戲 師 傅
Aug 6, 2002
c00lizz said:
I am reminded of that wall grappling thingy they were touting early in the development cycle.
What wall-climbing augmentation?

FlyhalfVinny said:
The original Deus Ex had the spy drone aug that would send out a drone to scout and you could detonate for an emp explosion.
IW's Spy Drone.

mackaneely

Noob
Sep 21, 2011
instead of a hologram just being projected i think it would be cool if you could project it on yourself so you become the character just like when you use stealth say a guard leader so you could order guards to another location maybe a quiet spot then you could take them out or just send them away so you can bypass the area their guarding or ever project your image onto a guard so that other guards attack him,

bullet time sounds good too but i would use it to slow time so you can dodge bullets while rushing guards to take them out

sng-ign

電 子 遊 戲 師 傅
Aug 6, 2002
^ That requires scripting of additional events.

A "cheapy" DLC would have easily introduced powers/augmentations, like energy cell recharging (past the first cell).

Taking over bodies, disguise, etc. is more like Psi-Ops, Second Sight, or Legacy of Kain.

Feb 10, 2010
sng-ign said:

A "cheapy" DLC would have easily introduced powers/augmentations, like energy cell recharging (past the first cell).

Taking over bodies, disguise, etc. is more like Psi-Ops, Second Sight, or Legacy of Kain.

I miss Psi-Ops

rundav

The greatest of the GHCB board members.
Jan 21, 2002
[blockquote]Darkninja282 posted:
[blockquote]sng-ign posted:

[/blockquote]

I miss Psi-Ops
[/blockquote]
Nice!