Wrekonize

Super Star
He's old as shit at least 5 years old than he claims. Buy him out for 20mil. He can retire with 600 homeruns even. It will be a good 16-20 years before we ever see 600 homeruns again. Maybe giancarlo if he's smart and opts out goes to boston or the Jankees

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2005
New York
He's old as shit at least 5 years old than he claims. Buy him out for 20mil. He can retire with 600 homeruns even. It will be a good 16-20 years before we ever see 600 homeruns again. Maybe giancarlo if he's smart and opts out goes to boston or the Jankees

Now why would Pujols do that?

Jun 30, 2017
Los Estados Unidos
Have you seen his numbers? He's still being productive.

sdevito

Super Star
Nov 19, 2000
Have you seen his numbers? He's still being productive.
Wait, are we still talking about Albert Pujols? I think so but I'm confused because you said he is still productive.

edhoo

Mystery Moose
Jul 14, 2003
MrMVP's bed
He drove in 119 runs last year and is on pace to drive in more than 100 this year

He is still great and deserves to be hitting in the middle of the lineup!

please put me out of my misery

sdevito

Super Star
��
Nov 19, 2000
This game of chicken between Pujols and the Angels has been hysterical, but it is time for the Angels to blink. Maybe they can bench him but keep him as the 26th man but he really has no value there either. I can't believe they still run him out there every day.

Last edited:

rocknrollsisyphus

We all go a little mod sometimes.
★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
He isn’t even good enough to be an option as the DH for a contending team. That’s sad ... and hilarious, considering he’s still owed $59 MM over the next two years.

And his career average is going to drop below .300 this year. I’m wondering if these two years will torpedo his reputation enough that the HoF becomes a bigger question. I don’t think it should ... but he’s been bad for, what, three years now? More? Recency bias is a real bitch sometimes.

sdevito

Super Star
Nov 19, 2000
He could have retired before he signed this contract and he was a HOF lock. But this is bad. His OBP is under .300 for the last 3 years. I can't believe they keep starting him.

But it does hurt his reputation. I mean he was basically Mike Trout for his first 10 seasons but the back half of his career has be a stark difference. Even the 4 more HR... does it even matter for his reputation?

rocknrollsisyphus

We all go a little mod sometimes.
★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
A total of 104 players have reached 1500 PA since the beginning of 2017. Among those, Pujols ranks:
  • 94th in wRC+
  • 101st in OBP
  • 104th in WAR (by 2.8 wins)
He has almost inarguably been the worst regular in baseball for three years now, and no amount of money owed should keep him in the lineup - especially if you're a wannabe contender. The only player that has been worse with a significant number of plate appearances is Chris Davis ... but the Orioles planted his ass on the bench at times, and attempted to platoon him at others. They're trying to get something of value out of him by using him in specific ways, whereas the Angels are just letting Pujols go out there and play. Who would've thought that the Orioles would be smarter than another organization in such a way?