Aug 17, 2015
Not as much for the sake of music as for the sake of shutting the haters up for at least a bit. Not being a defensive Metallica fanboy, that would just be pretty cool. Chances of it happening, though, are most likely small. Anyone here actually excited to see if they can come up with anything memorable?

Blugeoner86

The owls are not what they seem
Jun 27, 2001
Haters are hating for reasons that are warranted. If you can't handle it you are being a defensive Metallica fanboy.

That being said, I have embraced the terribleness of the new albums so much I prefer them to the old ones. *shrug*

Come at me bros!

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2015
Haters are hating for reasons that are warranted. If you can't handle it you are being a defensive Metallica fanboy.

That being said, I have embraced the terribleness of the new albums so much I prefer them to the old ones. *shrug*

Come at me bros!
Not saying I can't handle it, I'd just like to see their reactions if they were to make a comeback with a good album. I never argue with Metallica haters and I personally like all of their albums, some more some less but I can listen to them all. Except Lulu, that was shit.

bran1986

No Longer a Noob
Jul 25, 2015
Asa Bay
I want a good Metallica album as well, but I'm not holding my breath about it either. The new Anthrax album sounds promising though.

LoxxO)))

Star
Oct 2, 2005
Washington
I don't see any thrash bands making any kind of real comeback. Thrash just isn't interesting anymore.
I know it's crazy coming from me... but there are some decent thrash bands out there right now. The ones I like are newer, however. Not too interested in any of the guys that have been doing it for like 20-30 years.

Blugeoner86

The owls are not what they seem
Jun 27, 2001
I don't see any thrash bands making any kind of real comeback. Thrash just isn't interesting anymore.
I know it's crazy coming from me... but there are some decent thrash bands out there right now. The ones I like are newer, however. Not too interested in any of the guys that have been doing it for like 20-30 years.

Good thing no one ITT knows anything about you. [face_tongue]

SatoshiNak

Noob
Dec 14, 2015
Houston, Texas
I've been hoping and waiting for years but that hunger they had is long gone. I'm not a fan of Jack Black but he did say something in the Rush Beyond the Lighted Stage documentary how a band has a certain amount of magic like a bottle of hot sauce and some bands like Rush have a lot in that bottle - what I'm getting at is Metallica used theirs up years ago and while we might get a song here and there, we aren't going to see another Ride The Lightning or Master. I'm just glad I got to see them when I did back in the 80s, the second time I saw them is to this day the best concert I've ever been to, their first headlining tour for the ...And Justice album with Queensryche opening for them - the band just slayed that night and I've never seen anything like it, since.

AbnormalFreak

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2002
"I really, really want Metallica to release a killer album"

They did, it's called Master of Puppets.

Troll level: Master

X-pert74

cute
Feb 27, 2002
Personally, I want Metallica to release a terrible album and break up. I won't truly feel satisfied until they have ceased to exist as an entity that plays and records music. It would really ruin my day if the new Metallica album were fun to listen to.

Dec 14, 2010
I always want my favorite bands to release great music, but I always want it a little harder with Metallica. The problem is...I don't know if they can. The first song of theirs I ever heard was Enter Sandman, and at that time I could only go backwards in their catalog, which IMO is the best they've ever done, and probably ever will. Load and Reload took a long time for me to warm up to, but both have a handful a songs the good...for what they are. St. Anger...ugh...I tried man, but I just can't stand that album. I heard a band on youtube more or less redo the album and it's not too shabby when remove the snare and ass some balls, but still not what I call Metallica. Death Magnetic is a step in the right direction, but for the most part still seems forgettable to me.

I think one of their main problems is their lack of desire. It's hard to hungry when you're sitting in a pizza palace atop meat mountain. Even if they put another mediocre album, it's still gonna sell millions, and they're still gonna play to sold out crowds. So what's the incentive? I would say musical integrity, but that hasn't stopped them before. But with that being said, I'm right there with you...hoping.

Aug 17, 2015
Killer album incoming?

This is short, straight forward, fan-pleasing thrash. Nothing to get my hopes up and I honestly don't expect too much from the album. Still, take Death Magnetic, add better production/sound and a little more variety/soul and I'd be pretty happy.

What this song does make me think about though, is whether I'd like it more if they kept trying to please fans by playing their traditional thrash, or if they were to yet again risk by pursuing their creative desires and possibly make something with more soul, but less Metallica.

Sent from my E2312 using Tapatalk

X-pert74

cute
Feb 27, 2002
Hardwired is a really great song, honestly. I kinda loled at the lyrics, but overall, I really enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm hesitant to check out the album as a whole though, because it looks to have a bunch of long songs again.

Aug 17, 2015
Hardwired is a really great song, honestly. I kinda loled at the lyrics, but overall, I really enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm hesitant to check out the album as a whole though, because it looks to have a bunch of long songs again.
I guess it's a little more subjective then. This song, to me, is very uninspired and quite boring, obviously made to please fans who just want simple thrash. And there are much better traditional, straight forward thrash acts out there right now. Only thing that can save this album for me is some more originality and melody, otherwise I can just go listen to something like Havok, or even Megadeth for that matter.

bombayswift

Super Star
Mar 1, 2013
Chicopee, MA
I'm a fan of Metallica, but honestly, I don't see them coming back. Hardwired has a chance of being good but after Reload it all went downhill.