RJinAZ

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 30, 2006
I need some help / tips on the Kart races. I struggle to finish better than 3rd. Going around corners I spin out frequently and sometimes struggle to catch back up. Any tips to do better?

Also on the Seasonal Events, how do some racers get such fast times? On the event where you get the new Mitsubishi Evo Concept I think Gold is like 1:35 or 1:38. I see the top time is 1:27ish. How is that possible? Any tips, car setups etc. would be appreciated that I can try to see if I can lower my lap times.

Thanks for any info!

GTporsche

Another State of Mind
Sep 2, 2006
Those top times are guys using Skid Recovery Force.

For the kart, it only has brakes on the rear, so try not to brake and turn, but also try to keep a small amount of throttle while turning to maintain balance and momentum.

RJinAZ

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 30, 2006
Those top times are guys using Skid Recovery Force.

For the kart, it only has brakes on the rear, so try not to brake and turn, but also try to keep a small amount of throttle while turning to maintain balance and momentum.

I'll try to watch the throttle on the kart.

What's Skid Recovery Force? Is that something in the Driving Options?

GTporsche

Another State of Mind
Sep 2, 2006
It's in the driving options. It (artificially) gives the tires more grip when they would normally be well beyond their ability to grip.

RJinAZ

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 30, 2006
I've been able to knock out some of the Kart races; still have the ones in IA to do. The others I was able to win, though some took a few tries.

I found the Skid Recovery Force, its automatically on or off for a variety events. So I just must not be as good as I thought!

Jan 16, 2014
On the event where you get the new Mitsubishi Evo Concept I think Gold is like 1:35 or 1:38. I see the top time is 1:27ish. How is that possible? Any tips, car setups etc. would be appreciated that I can try to see if I can lower my lap times.

Thanks for any info!

Hi there,

In Driving Options:
Turn off Traction Control
Turn off Skid Recovery Force
ABS = 1

And practice, practice, practice until you know the track, the car & the fastest racing line

There are no car settings/tunings that can be tweaked in these VGT Seasonal Events.

Hope these vids help you with golding the event. Driving smooth, with tidy racing line will get you close to the gold time.

Cheers mate, good luck

GT6 Mitsubishi VGT Super Lap 1:33.119 @ Matterhorn - nose cam

GT6 Mitsubishi VGT Super Lap 1:33.119 @ Matterhorn - chase cam

RJinAZ

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 30, 2006
Thanks for the tips! I was able to drop my time by almost 9 secs on this race alone. I'm now sitting just over 1:36 for my best lap time. A little more practice and laying off the brakes a little should at least shave another sec off.