RcLeal

Noob
Jul 15, 2013
I mean, don't get me wrong. It's still a great game, but Naughty Dog invests so much in the story and it looked so promising at the beginning that I ended up getting severely disappointed.

1) Nate's Past
It's the third game. It's past time we learned something more about Nathan Drake. All good! But they bring it up once or twice and then... nothing. I mean, you can't just drop a bomb like that (He's an orphan! His name is not Drake!) and then ignore it completely. Well, apparently, you can.

2) Why is this mystery so important to Nate?
Again, Nate was getting reckless, this time it was personal! Then Sully got kidnapped, the world was in danger and is was just business as usual. It makes no sense.

3) Nate and Sully
The main theme was - supposedly - Nate and Sully's friendship. Sully's getting old and keeps getting dragged into this quests by his protegé. Elena tells him that he's going to ask to much of him someday. I mean, I don't know what I was expecting here. I guess the answer is *something*. They went to some very interesting places about Nate and Sully's relationship and then just dropped it completely. There's no consequences. I guess Elena's wrong. Nate actually can ask Sully to go to the ends of the Earth for him because nothing bad will ever happen.

4) Sully's "death"
I won't even go into this. That was just wrong.

5) Nate and Elena
Again: really interesting at the beginning. Loved where they picked up their relationship. I mean, we never found out what happened but then again it didn't really matter. Elena was just mad because Nate lost their ring in one of his expeditions. But Sully had it all along! The ring was found, everything was okay and they even got to hold hands in the end.

6) Chloe and Charlie
I'm not complaining because I want more Chloe. I really like her, but it needs to make sense in the story. I guess my problem is that Chloe and Charlie are there and then... puff. Goodbye! See you in Uncharted 4!

7) Pirate side-quest
Because that's what it was. A side-quest totally unrelated to the main arc. Ramses is just a guy Marlowe hires to get rid of Nate. Why would she trust a pirate to do this? Dunno, because...

8) TERRIBLE VILLAINS
Marlowe and Talbot. And that's pretty much all we know about them. I mean, come on. They seemed interesting at the beginning and then... they were just there. They didn't even try to flesh them out as characters. They belonged to an organization that controlled their enemies though fear. Something to do with the Queen of England. Francis Drake was a part of it too. Who were they? Why were they looking for it? Hell. Why was Nate looking for it? Just treasure? And, by the way, I'd also like to know what *it* is. And wasn't there some kind of relationship between Sully and Marlowe? I guess we'll never know.

I don't have any problems with the rest of the game. The gameplay was great. Exactly what you would expect from Naughty Dog. I had some problems with those enemies who JUST. DIDN'T. WANT. TO DIE. That was dumb. But the real disappointment was the story. It should have been better.

Last edited: