1c00lz1

take the trash out!
Jan 20, 2005
I want million point combos, I want 100 trick variations, I want to play as insane characters like Shrek and Iron Man, I want an increbly loose-fitting and fun story mode, I want levels to take place in outerspace and in Hell.

Stick to what made this franchise a classic; fun.

Jan 19, 2005
I'm the biggest THPS expert I know. I got every goal with every character in the first games to get extra levels, even got all gaps in some.

It was actually not the lack of realism, the crazy characters or the alleged humour in the games that made it sell, all that had very little to do with it. THPS was more realistic, less silly and more mature then it's competitors (with the exception of Thrasher). The one thing they did though was make a game that was deep and felt sort of like skateboarding.

The unrealistic things are not what built up the TH franchise at all. Actually they broke in to the scene in a similar way skate did when they competed with Street skater and downhill type sports games (which was something they considered doing, the mall and downhill jam levels are fossils from that).

But yeah, being for a unrealistic game isn't wrong. Just don't pretend that TH has been about lame jokes and silliness forever.

Skatejimmy5

Light My Fire
Oct 24, 2005
THUG is my favorite Tony Hawk game, and what made it just that was the blend of realistic stuff and arcade. The levels were semi-realistic based in real cities like New York and Tampa, but you could still do a combo around the whole place which I loved. But there were no Jackass/Bam-cr*p (well, not so much atleast), and that was awesome. There were still crazy unlockables though, like the Hotter than Hell level and Iron Man, which I also loved. So I think they should approach something similar to that. No stupid peripheral needed, just pure arcade fun in a realistic-ish world.

Jul 13, 2009
1c00lz1 said:
I want million point combos, I want 100 trick variations, I want to play as insane characters like Shrek and Iron Man, I want an increbly loose-fitting and fun story mode, I want levels to take place in outerspace and in Hell.

Agreed.

super6ft7

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 3, 2005
The reason this series got ruined was not because of realism, but because of repetition and the fact that the games got worse.

TH3 was my first EVER console game and it was fun, I loved making parks and it was all new and exciting to me.
(I skipped 4, don't ask why) THUG was pretty damn amazing, it added so much to the series: Walking, CABoard, CAGoal (or task), Driving and a proper story. You could also make tricks! There was a lot of new stuff to do.
THUG 2, it was just that, a change of scenery and story, albeit a much worse one. The only thing I seemed to remember that was improved was level size!
THAW, added 'seamless' movement between areas, and those were just playable loading tunnels. It took out a few of the creative aspects and added NOTHING to the gameplay.

Now we don't even have create a park, the gameplay is the same, and the only new thing is that new trick system thing, its so bad i forgot what it is#-o

lesatblade

Noob
Sep 26, 2008
Kurt_Cobain01 said:
1c00lz1 said:

Agreed.

second that.

gambitdeadpool

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 13, 2009
lesatblade said:
Kurt_Cobain01 said:
1c00lz1 said:

Agreed.

second that.

I Think I'll third that.

Nov 14, 2005
gambitdeadpool said:
lesatblade said:
Kurt_Cobain01 said:
1c00lz1 said:

Agreed.

second that.

I Think I'll third that.

I won't. Looking at THRide.com's tutorial section, this game will have a lot of entertainment value. I skate heavily, and I like the way they tried (and succeed in my opinion) integrating real skating and peripheral skating. Call me crazy, but I'm getting this game.

adam3k3

Diehard Gamer
Jan 1, 2005
THPG got me back into TH games. perfect combination of realism and 1000 combo you speak of.

KrobelustheMedavan

No Longer a Noob
Oct 14, 2005
Badstreet, USA
King.of.town said:
I'm the biggest THPS expert I know. I got every goal with every character in the first games to get extra levels, even got all gaps in some.

It was actually not the lack of realism, the crazy characters or the alleged humour in the games that made it sell, all that had very little to do with it. THPS was more realistic, less silly and more mature then it's competitors (with the exception of Thrasher). The one thing they did though was make a game that was deep and felt sort of like skateboarding.

The unrealistic things are not what built up the TH franchise at all. Actually they broke in to the scene in a similar way skate did when they competed with Street skater and downhill type sports games (which was something they considered doing, the mall and downhill jam levels are fossils from that).

But yeah, being for a unrealistic game isn't wrong. Just don't pretend that TH has been about lame jokes and silliness forever.

The over-doing of the craziness killed the series...not the craziness period..the occasional odd-ball character or level was fantastic..so was the slight bend of realism..the problem is they over-did all the craziness in THUG2..and then added craziness in the one place it wasn't needed...in the actual tricks...