Jan 18, 2011
Hey Guys,

I'm new to The Show series and pretty much baseball in general. So I wasn't able to really learn all the controls. (Notably, guessing pitches). Is there a way to re-enter the tutorial game? Can't find it anywhere

Thanks

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA
Hey Guys,

I'm new to The Show series and pretty much baseball in general. So I wasn't able to really learn all the controls. (Notably, guessing pitches). Is there a way to re-enter the tutorial game? Can't find it anywhere

Thanks
Uninstall and reinstall. If you don't want to go about that route you can download the manual from your console.

AWARRY

Super Star
Nov 3, 2003
if you are new i would suggest NOT guessing pitches.

guessing wrong has a negative effect on your batting stats for that pitch

and even if you guess right its often misleading.. just because you guess the right area, doesn't mean it will be a strike

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA
the real question is how do you get out of the game
There's a green installation bar in the top left corner of the screen above the scoring line. Once that is complete you can quit to the main menu.
if you are new i would suggest NOT guessing pitches.

guessing wrong has a negative effect on your batting stats for that pitch

and even if you guess right its often misleading.. just because you guess the right area, doesn't mean it will be a strike
I guess fastball high everytime and still get solid hits.

AWARRY

Super Star
Nov 3, 2003
There's a green installation bar in the top left corner of the screen above the scoring line. Once that is complete you can quit to the main menu.

I guess fastball high everytime and still get solid hits.

not saying you can't
just that your stats take a hit if you guess wrong... and a boost if correct

ive always had a higher avg when i dont guess