D

Deleted member 4761463

Original poster
:I no but... am i suppose to practice with karts like you do to become an f1 driver or something else... .-.
Work your way up through local events, then move into pro-am and hopefully go pro at some point.

Tucker1011

CEO, Maple West
Mar 23, 2012
British Columbia
If you aren't already doing something about this, you're a long way away from the big leagues. I'm a huge fan of rally, and there's a bit logging road that makes for a brilliant rally stage in the summer when it's grated. I'm not even trying to get into the WRC, but I spend my summer weekends blasting down there in a second hand Golf.

If you love it, you just gotta do it.

D

Deleted member 4761463

Original poster
If you aren't already doing something about this, you're a long way away from the big leagues. I'm a huge fan of rally, and there's a bit logging road that makes for a brilliant rally stage in the summer when it's grated. I'm not even trying to get into the WRC, but I spend my summer weekends blasting down there in a second hand Golf.

meh.. age doesnt matter ;D

Ghost_16

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2009
Toronto

He's talking about Formula Drift, not WRC.
i think that some karting experience would help, especially with spacial awarness

but how am i suppose to learn drifting with karts?
You don't. Find yourself an older RWD junker and just start throwing it around(responsibly of course).

Sagara-san

wandering my way through time
★ MOD
Sep 9, 2008
Under a Tree
buy cheap rear wheel drive car. go to a local amateur drift event...and spin out ALOT.

there's a bunch more vids after day 1.

Tucker1011

CEO, Maple West
Mar 23, 2012
British Columbia

I know he's not. It's called a reasonable comparison.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4761463

Original poster

i think that some karting experience would help, especially with spacial awarness

but how am i suppose to learn drifting with karts?
You don't. Find yourself an older RWD junker and just start throwing it around(responsibly of course).

not sure if your trolling or serious .-. ;-; are you serious?
AND HOW AM I GOING TO LEARN DRIFTING BY FLYING A PLANE... is there some driving school that teaches you how to drift and stuff.. ;-;

Tucker1011

CEO, Maple West
Mar 23, 2012
British Columbia
Okay, now I feel like we're being trolled.

The point of my original post was to say: you learn drifting by drifting. Simple as that. I wasn't so into the tire tearing thing myself, but as soon as it snowed you could be damn sure I was out driving my beamer everywhere sideways. Like anything, learn by doing.

D

Deleted member 4761463

Original poster

The point of my original post was to say: you learn drifting by drifting. Simple as that. I wasn't so into the tire tearing thing myself, but as soon as it snowed you could be damn sure I was out driving my beamer everywhere sideways. Like anything, learn by doing.

i want a professional to teach me racing lines and drifting...
sjlkajglkasj

Last edited by a moderator:

Tucker1011

CEO, Maple West
Mar 23, 2012
British Columbia

sjlkajglkasj

Are you loaded with cash, bro? That's a pretty specialized kind of training.

D

Deleted member 4761463

Original poster

sjlkajglkasj

well i want to make racing my profession [face_tongue]
so where can i learn drifting from professionals.. like there are people who teach racing lines and stuff with karts...

Tucker1011

CEO, Maple West
Mar 23, 2012
British Columbia
sjlkajglkasj

so where can i learn drifting from professionals.. like there are people who teach racing lines and stuff with karts...

You can still learn by doing. Get your front wheels on the apex while your rear wheels are in a 45 to your forward trajectory. Play with drifting on Forza or Gran Turismo on the hardest difficulty settings. You really don't need a coach to teach you where the apex is, and a tutor is going to show you one track. You need to be adaptable to be a pro.

D

Deleted member 4761463

Original poster

You can still learn by doing. Get your front wheels on the apex while your rear wheels are in a 45 to your forward trajectory. Play with drifting on Forza or Gran Turismo on the hardest difficulty settings. You really don't need a coach to teach you where the apex is, and a tutor is going to show you one track. You need to be adaptable to be a pro.

[face_frustrated]

D

Deleted member 4761463

Original poster
Yeah, dude, I'm not trolling you. You can learn the theory in the simulator and then practice it in real life.

[face_plain] i want real life experience man
i want dat thrill doe...

Tucker1011

CEO, Maple West
Mar 23, 2012
British Columbia
Yeah, dude, I'm not trolling you. You can learn the theory in the simulator and then practice it in real life.

i want dat thrill doe...

Yeah, you want thrill, you buy a RWD car and drive it sideways around corners. You said you wanted to learn the apex. Which is it, you want to learn the theory of being a professional driver, or do you want to just drive around sideways? Learn the theory, drive on your spare time, enter local competitions. Get your shit filmed, create a reel, send it to a formula drift team.

You can't just hire a teacher and in a few months be competing . You know, it's kind of like how you don't just come up with a story and suddenly you're a novelist. You have to practice your craft; not just learn it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4761463

Original poster

i want dat thrill doe...

Yeah, you want thrill, you buy a RWD car and drive it sideways around corners. You said you wanted to learn the apex. Which is it, you want to learn the theory of being a professional driver, or do you want to just drive around sideways? Learn the theory, drive on your spare time, enter local competitions. Get your shit filmed, create a reel, send it to a formula drift team.

You can't just hire a teacher and in a few months be competing . You know, it's kind of like how you don't just come up with a story and suddenly you're a novelist. You have to practice your craft; not just learn it.

http://www.thruxtonkarting.co.uk/Juniors/#/Tuition/

Ghost_16

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2009
Toronto
AND HOW AM I GOING TO LEARN DRIFTING BY FLYING A PLANE... is there some driving school that teaches you how to drift and stuff.. ;-;

Wtf are talking about? No said anything about a plane.

And just a heads up, judging by your extreme lack of knowledge I HIGHLY doubt you will ever be a professional racer. Sorry, but it's true.

D

Deleted member 4761463

Original poster

And just a heads up, judging by your extreme lack of knowledge I HIGHLY doubt you will ever be a professional racer. Sorry, but it's true.

oh you meant rare wheel drive xD you couldnt write rare wheel drive? it takes 5 seconds to write it..
i didnt know what you were talking about so i googled it and got this https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=r...L4KCrAfmroFg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=979 :^O

now tell me where can i learn drifting by a professional? :I i keep repeating same question and you guys dont answer it

Ghost_16

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2009
Toronto

oh you meant rare wheel drive xD you couldnt write rare wheel drive? it takes 5 seconds to write it..
i didnt know what you were talking about so i googled it and got this https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=r...L4KCrAfmroFg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=979 :^O

now tell me where can i learn drifting by a professional? :I i keep repeating same question and you guys dont answer it

It's Rear Wheel Drive. Anyone with even a slight interest in cars, especially motorsports, should know what RWD means. I shouldn't have to write it out.

You don't learn by paying someone to teach you, you learn by doing it yourself. I really don't know what you expect us to say.

D

Deleted member 4761463

Original poster

It's Rear Wheel Drive. Anyone with even a slight interest in cars, especially motorsports, should know what RWD means. I shouldn't have to write it out.

You don't learn by paying someone to teach you, you learn by doing it yourself. I really don't know what you expect us to say.

typo.. ;-;
yeah but i need a track and a car... ;__; and whats wrong with someone teaching me? everyone takes those karting classes.. its normal.. .-.

Tucker1011

CEO, Maple West
Mar 23, 2012
British Columbia

Holy fuck, this guy was thrown by RWD? Jesus fucking christ.

Dude, ComradePengiun, you don't just decide something seems cool so you're going to go to the top in it. You have to live and breathe this stuff. If you don't know what RWD is and why you need it to drift, then you've probably never actually started and held a drift in your life. Suffice to say, if you don't know how to even hold a guitar, you don't take a few lessons and suddenly turn into Clapton.

Ghost_16

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2009
Toronto
typo.. ;-;
yeah but i need a track and a car... ;__; and whats wrong with someone teaching me? everyone takes those karting classes.. its normal.. .-.

I've been racing karts for 6 years now. I've won 2 championships, and many races. I haven't taken lessons once in my life. I don't care what the people who run those overpriced "lessons" say, it's not necessary. At most they'll teach you the racing line, which doesn't apply to drifting, and some very basic things about control, all of which you could learn yourself just by doing.

D

Deleted member 4761463

Original poster

Holy fuck, this guy was thrown by RWD? Jesus fucking christ.

Dude, ComradePengiun, you don't just decide something seems cool so you're going to go to the top in it. You have to live and breathe this stuff. If you don't know what RWD is and why you need it to drift, then you've probably never actually started and held a drift in your life. Suffice to say, if you don't know how to even hold a guitar, you don't take a few lessons and suddenly turn into Clapton.

[face_rolling_eyes] it doesnt matter.. if i know full form of RWD or not... and exactly!!!! i need someone to teach me how to hold a guitar... xD ... who said im planning to start racing after just one lesson?
im 16.. i have alot of time to practice and learn ;D i just wanted to know...
IS THERE ANY DRIFTING SCHOOL LIKE THIS http://www.thruxtonkarting.co.uk/Juniors/#/Tuition/

D

Deleted member 4761463

Original poster
typo.. ;-;

I've been racing karts for 6 years now. I've won 2 championships, and many races. I haven't taken lessons once in my life. I don't care what the people who run those overpriced "lessons" say, it's not necessary. At most they'll teach you the racing line, which doesn't apply to drifting, and some very basic things about control, all of which you could learn yourself just by doing.

:] what type of races?

Ghost_16

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2009
Toronto
typo.. ;-;

:] what type of races?

What do you mean by what type of races? I race karts, not sure what more I can say.

Also, I too am 16. Don't think your age makes a difference here.

Last edited:

Tucker1011

CEO, Maple West
Mar 23, 2012
British Columbia
[face_rolling_eyes] it doesnt matter.. if i know full form of RWD or not... and exactly!!!! i need someone to teach me how to hold a guitar... xD ... who said im planning to start racing after just one lesson?
IS THERE ANY DRIFTING SCHOOL LIKE THIS http://www.thruxtonkarting.co.uk/Juniors/#/Tuition/

Nobody taught Clapton how to hold a guitar.

How about you get to the point where you're off your permit, and out of your parents car. Maybe then you can start thinking about getting something with the power at the back and trying to throw it around corners. What you're not listening to is you can't just buy your way into success. You have to a) have the drive, and b) actually have the aptitude for it. Probably only one in ten drivers even has the capability to think and react fast enough to hold a drift properly with or without training / experience.

Just start driving and you'll figure out pretty quick if you have what it takes.

Besides, the only academies I know of are in Japan, and it would be insane to fly to Japan just so someone can teach you how to hold a steering wheel and use a clutch pedal. Listen to the people here - you need to just drive.

D

Deleted member 4761463

Original poster

Nobody taught Clapton how to hold a guitar.

How about you get to the point where you're off your permit, and out of your parents car. Maybe then you can start thinking about getting something with the power at the back and trying to throw it around corners. What you're not listening to is you can't just buy your way into success. You have to a) have the drive, and b) actually have the aptitude for it. Probably only one in ten drivers even has the capability to think and react fast enough to hold a drift properly with or without training / experience.

Just start driving and you'll figure out pretty quick if you have what it takes.

Besides, the only academies I know of are in Japan, and it would be insane to fly to Japan just so someone can teach you how to hold a steering wheel and use a clutch pedal. Listen to the people here - you need to just drive.

i was moving to england to learn driving :I

Tucker1011

CEO, Maple West
Mar 23, 2012
British Columbia
You know how I learned driving? Honestly? By being given keys. Now I rip down dirt stages in my Golf and tear around sideways in the winter with my 3-series. Learn by doing, bro. Learn by doing. Oh, and I was dead serious about using GT or Forza - the simulations are accurate enough to lend good insight.