K-Y-LABELS

Noob
Feb 27, 2002
Last year I had a stellar year in AA, a stellar year in AAA, and didn't make it to the show until year 3. This year is looking to be the same thing. I'm having a superb year in AA. Is there any chance I get called up before the end of year 2 or will I have to suffer a whole year of AAA?

Playing 2nd base for the Toronto Blue Jays AA affiliate.

Jeff_is_2Xtreme

Aggie Proud
Oct 28, 2003
I think a lot of it depends on teammates' injuries. I often get called up to the AAA by the All Star break and then called up to the Show at the end of the season and get to play about 8 games. I've also had times where I did one year in AA, one year in AAA, and then started the big leagues at the start of my third year. So in a nutshell: it depends.

t_eddy52

Noob
Jun 13, 2012
With my guy (RF for the Marlins) I was in AA for a year, got invited to Spring Training, made the MLB bench, was a starter by May. I never even played AAA and Stanton was healthy and even moved over to LF. It was odd but it happens different for everyone I think.

CrazyMatt88

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 23, 2012
Last year I had a stellar year in AA, a stellar year in AAA, and didn't make it to the show until year 3. This year is looking to be the same thing. I'm having a superb year in AA. Is there any chance I get called up before the end of year 2 or will I have to suffer a whole year of AAA?

Playing 2nd base for the Toronto Blue Jays AA affiliate.

The Fisher Cats? Yeah thats where I started, great team, top of the table, got promoted just after the Future's game to Buffalo, then after ONE game with Buffalo (another top of the table team), I get traded to the White Sox affiliate Charlotte (bottom of the table :/) Mid 2nd year, got called up to the White Sox.

schowazard

Noob
Oct 2, 2012
It depends I was drafted by the Yankees and had a superb year in double A first year. Then in my second year was called to the MLB bench but Texiara got injured about June and I took the starter job permanently and in the third year tex started declining so I'm now the starter permanently.

Coleman32

Bowling Green, MO
Apr 15, 2007
I got drafted by the Blue Jays to play 1st. Spent my 1st year between AA and AAA. Got a spring training invite and made the big league club. About a month and a half into the season, I took over the 1st base spot everyday.

randsel

No Longer a Noob
Aug 1, 2000
I know this is an old thread about MLB 13 but I hear in 14 they have reduced the time you spend in the minors.

Mar 8, 2004
The Squared Circle
I know this is an old thread about MLB 13 but I hear in 14 they have reduced the time you spend in the minors.

Actually, I don't mind playing in the minors for a few season. Weird, I know, but maybe it's because I live so close to an AA ballpark and attend many games. I do understand how it could get frustrating for many people though