chris2fast38

The Crescent Fox
May 6, 2008
Temporary/likely new community thread for the board as we now settle into the new system.

All off-topic discussions are held here. Please be mindful of the ToS, don't spam and most importantly, have fun!

Last edited:

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
  1. Good to see Sunshine theme
  2. Say, will they eventually get the new boards to handle large threads?
  3. First!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
I'm still don't like the new boards format that much....other than having actual size images, small extras...other than that...not much.

Well...I'm tired..night

kelz_dunks4life

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 28, 2012
Lanham, MD
I know right, I'll put the thread in AGAIN...starting with the the Season Finale. I don't get how they managed to put the Mario Battle game and not include MPTV. They are both recent.

Dec 5, 2004
New York
I hoped VGM saved things because they deleted all his other threads.

I wish I saved the Megaicons I used to use. Would anyone be able to put Yoshi on a transparent background?

And why do we have the Super Smash Bros FAQ at the top of this board?

Last edited:

Mehdi2277

No Longer a Noob
Jun 26, 2010
Oklahoma
I'll fix your icon in a few minutes yam.

Oh and longer threads usually have more trouble transferring. Hopefully more threads are transferred but who knows.

Lastly I got sick with a cold. Haven't been sick in a while and today was the first absence I have for the school year. I went to bed when I got home yesterday, so I didn't work on the update for mario rpg. I'll get that prepared now and will still update at 7c. I'm still a bit sick, but feel better when compared to yesterday.

chris2fast38

The Crescent Fox
May 6, 2008
They are probably still having some issues with the board transfer. I'll let them know about it and see what is being done about the missing threads and why we have that FAQ here.

As for large threads, they are supposed to be working on it, but right now I have no idea when larger threads can be handled. Even then, if we get the old CT back on here and the post limit is raised, it still seems unlikely that it would be unlocked.

Huh, I just noticed that the board contains a mixture of threads between this board and the Smash Bros board.

Last edited:

Mehdi2277

No Longer a Noob
Jun 26, 2010
Oklahoma
Here's your icon, yam.
th_362608-1330411594.png

For future reference on these boards a normal user has a 20 minute edit time. A prime user has a 60 minute edit time. Either way the edit time has been lowered.

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
I liked 90 minutes.....

I hate the new boards...

Don't worry, all threads will get ported over.....the few days we remade threads on the pikmin boards...all threads got transferred over...took em a week and a half....but the pikmin board wasthe 4th board ported over...

Merged boards....odd...

Old boards have devolved into a spam hole on a few boards....

Mehdi2277

No Longer a Noob
Jun 26, 2010
Oklahoma
I wonder if this is a BETA or something FINAL.
These boards are mostly final right now (until the next board upgrade several years from now). They'll still do quite a few changes, but not so many major updates. The update with the biggest difference I'd guess would be new themes. With the way the board system works people could create their own themes and add them to a list of themes.

Yam here's a slightly better looking icon. Mainly getting rid of some extra pixels.
th_362608-1330411594-1.png

Mehdi2277

No Longer a Noob
Jun 26, 2010
Oklahoma
Thanks. I changed it but it seems to be taking forever for the change to kick in.

And these "noobs" under our names is also insulting. [face_not_talking]
Yeah transparency hates me in icons. I'll edit in an icon with a b1b1b1 background.
Edit:
th_362608-1330411594-2.png

As for the noobs if you get enough trophy points it changes to Almost not a noob. To get trophy points, A. post a lot on the new board system, B. get a lot of likes, and C. get people to follow you. I'm not sure on the last one, but A and B are needed.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2004
New York
The second one you gave me worked in my profile, just not next to my posts.

Oh there we go. This is the 3rd one.

Last edited:

video_game_master47

No Longer a Noob
Sep 10, 2006
I didn't save any of the new characters, or updated stats. (for example Donnie's) I might not even have the Kirby/Samus stats saved since that was the time my laptop constantly crashed. Good thing mehdi PM'd me his smash bros stats so I have something to go off of, unless they managed to delete my PMs too lmao.

I might just start new with the Story Mode, as I've already made a lot of changes. I've always liked versus mode though because I like playing lmao. I'll have to check what I have saved for versus to make another thread if you guys want to continue that too.
---------
Eh, yeah sucks to see everything go. Lmao at least I remember seeing Nike say that he saved all of his work, so that's good for him. His thread had around the 1000 reply mark so maybe it got too big to handle lol. But my main thread had like 100 so I don't know why they didn't bring that over.-
-------
Meh, I'll have to get used to the changes. The only good I see from this is that pictures come out at full size, and hopefully the change brings activity over here.

Mehdi2277

No Longer a Noob
Jun 26, 2010
Oklahoma
Most of the new stats could be retrieved by using the current stats. So take kirby from the versus subtract his growth rate times the number of level ups he has and you should be able to get the new stats he had as a level 1. As for the base growth rates, subtract the growth rates each class and personality gave a character assuming they aren't a lord.

Mehdi2277

No Longer a Noob
Jun 26, 2010
Oklahoma
I don't think they transferred PMs unless I'm just not finding them, so go to an old board like Mario Party to access them.
They're supposedly planning to transfer pms that were sent/recieved from after January 1st 2011. Any old pms will be deleted. For now none of the pms are transferred.

Last edited:

video_game_master47

No Longer a Noob
Sep 10, 2006
Yeah I know lmao. XD I mainly meant the week where you guys went crazy making Pokemon. XD I have all the characters that were meant to be in at the start of the game. (so no Zelda stats, but as you said we can easily find the base stats off of her) I don`t have much of a loss, it`s just inconvenient getting it all back up.

I wonder if they`re just going to merge the Mario Kart boards and stuff into here, I think that will be a smart move hahah.

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
Sorta sucks that they are deleting so much history too...I do hate the noob title, even though mostly everyone has it besides VIPs....Maybe they'll make Insider worth something again.

But yeah, the Mario Board, None of the spinoffs get enough posts to need a whole board for anymore. That's what they might do....

I might write a Mario fic, but I noticed that some fics have some things cut off....so I might wait before starting anything.

stryder25.0

Life could be simple...
Jul 14, 2007
Here for first page.

The poor little Ratchet & Clank board still hasn't switched over. [face_tongue]

Dillo64

Armadillustrator
LINK TO THE SSB BOARD REDIRECTS HERE

THE SSB BOARD FAQ IS HERE TOO

THIS ISN'T THE SSB BOARD

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE SSB BOARD

WHERES THE SSB BOOOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRDD lol jk i don't care

[hl=#111100]~[/hl][hl=#171400] [/hl][hl=#1e1700]T[/hl][hl=#251a00] [/hl][hl=#2b1e00]h[/hl][hl=#322100] [/hl][hl=#392400]e[/hl][hl=#3f2800] [/hl][hl=#462b00] [/hl][hl=#4d2e00] [/hl][hl=#543201]D[/hl][hl=#543201] [/hl][hl=#4e3001]i[/hl][hl=#482e01] [/hl][hl=#432c01]l[/hl][hl=#3d2a01] [/hl][hl=#382901]l[/hl][hl=#322701] [/hl][hl=#2d2501]o[/hl][hl=#272301] [/hl][hl=#222202]~[/hl]

Mehdi2277

No Longer a Noob
Jun 26, 2010
Oklahoma
Nike your fanfic has now been transferred. At the moment it is on the second page of this board.

Considering some SSB threads got transferred here the two boards might have accidentally gotten merged.

Captainkeeta125

No Longer a Noob
May 11, 2011
dear god I feel sorry for the mario boards...

the smash boards on ign are filled to the brim with trolls anymore...they're definitely not helping most real competitive smash/melee players images like myself acting like elitists and ***holes all the time...

chris2fast38

The Crescent Fox
May 6, 2008
Yeah, I really don't understand the merger either. Two very different series/communities. Will definitely be interesting to see how this turns out.

Captainkeeta125

No Longer a Noob
May 11, 2011
just an FYI don't let anyone's posts you might see from the smash bros board here on IGN give u the impression that all us smash players are like that...[face_worried] really, I can't stress enough how bad the smash bros board here on IGN has become with its trolls...

Tropic-Gin

;̸̛̤͝3̵̛̠̗͙́͗
Feb 25, 2007
Thankfully the merge didn't happen several years ago...lol.
How ironic if the Mario and Smash boards merge after all the drama between the two 3-4 years ago.
We could make a sitcom.

Hey Dillo.
"Two old rival factions, are brought together under one roof, and now, they have to live with each other".....just reminds me of this.

But yeah..I've noticed other problems..

Lancelot-732

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 24, 2012
Well, it's happened...obviously...

Nice, the Paper Mario board doesn't redirect here. Wonder what'll happen with it.

Last edited:

Kink-Link5

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 13, 2006
Volcano
My friend has Vanquish back in Iowa but I'm in Connecticut at the moment and have plenty of games in my backlog I have yet to even start.

Dec 18, 2004
just an FYI don't let anyone's posts you might see from the smash bros board here on IGN give u the impression that all us smash players are like that...[face_worried] really, I can't stress enough how bad the smash bros board here on IGN has become with its trolls...
that is very hurtful & also not nice

CastALittleCloser

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 5, 2012
that is very hurtful & also not nice
i agree. i think CAPTAINKEETA is the TROLL here.

it's very disheartening to see our good names soiled like this before we even get the chance to say hellos.