Mar 9, 2018
I heard this thing about how the skeleton guy who teaches you sword skills in TP was actually Link from OOT and MM. This actually didn't occur to me when I played TP but I can see how that makes sense considering that he knows all the songs from OOT and MM. What doesn't make sense to me is the idea that TP Link is a descendant of OOT Link. TP takes place in the child timeline, which is the only one where the Hero of Time lives his entire life. So that makes sense that he would have children in that timeline, but why is his descendant himself? My shallow mind is blown away by the idea that Link's son is Link. I thought that each Link was supposed to be a spiritual reincarnation of the same person, but that would honestly be so weird if you're son was yourself in another body. Plus, why is TP Link some sort of farmer living in a tree house? I would have thought that Link would probably be famous now instead of some obscure farmer guy so I kind of have a hard time buying all of that, and I don't think that Link would ever be a farmer anyway. Forgive my ignorance, but to me, the Castlevania timeline makes a lot more sense than the Zelda timeline. I really like the Zelda series but some clarification on the timeline would be nice. Sorry for the long read.

DanielMazahreh

No Longer a Noob
Aug 12, 2017
Well, since TP takes place in the child timeline, the HoT was last seen at the end of MM riding with Epona in the Lost Woods. My guess would be that Link got lost there, and turned into a Stalfos.

ninjadynamo

No Longer a Noob
Oct 22, 2012
Emmett, ID
Well you have to look at the time between OoT and TP more like centuries rather than decades. The Hero of Time would be more of a ancestor to Link in Twilight Princess than a father or grandfather or even great grandfather. The reason he comes to Link in Twilight Princess is because of the bloodline this descendant is the first to be called to the role of Hero since he was.

Dreamy

No Longer a Noob
Nov 19, 2019
Louisiana
Yes, TP Link is a direct descendant of Oot Link. TP mentions it when Link gets his tunic. Oot was 100 years before TP.