woody938

The Irresponsible Captain Typo
Apr 23, 2007
Black Lizard Planet
Quoted from the Official GT6 website
Gran Turismo said:
Course Maker

This feature, available at a later stage through an update, will allow you to create your own custom tracks that can be driven in the game. Additionally, in another update we will add the possibility to generate a track by capturing the GPS coordinate data of a mobile app while you are driving that course. This GPS-generated tracks will be available in the game as playable content.
This may not be available on launch but it opens up the possibilities of creating circuits based on anywhere you can go with a mobile device (presumably). It could be your route to work, a street course you've imagined in your neighbourhood or even a local race track! Of course I expect there will be few environments to choose from to make the track playable but that didn't stop users from dreaming up creating circuits for GT5 back in the day.

Do you have any plans on using this feature?

Ghost_16

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2009
Toronto
Could be pretty cool. If it works out well maybe I'll activate the app and throw my phone in my pocket for a lap around the kart track I race at and recreate that.

woody938

The Irresponsible Captain Typo
Apr 23, 2007
Black Lizard Planet
I have a 5km, 10% gradient mountain road nearby I'm thinking of putting in, most of the bends are the long sweeping type with a fair bit of camber.

Also about 30km away is a 3km mountain range ~7% climb with a fair bit of varying gradient change and lots of hairpin bends.

Aside from those I can think of a few street circuits that could be fun, one of them has potential for having a big jump, I'm a big fan of lots of elevation change on circuits so that's the kind of tracks I'd likely make. It's also a bonus that the streets here have all types of shapes, not just plain old grid-like.

Jun 13, 2001
Anyhow, depending on the length, I know of a few great places in Winnipeg I'll be doing.

Certain sections of the Sea-to-Sky Highway from Vancouver to Whistler would be amazingly fun, especially if a generic lake/forest scenery was available.

Last edited:

GTporsche

Another State of Mind
Sep 2, 2006
The app won't be available here/ I can only assume it's due to US law or something silly.