Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1123246p1.html]Green Lantern: "Audiences Will Like Sinestro"[/link]
by Chris Tilly

Summary:
Ryan Reynolds has been discussing his role in the forthcoming Green Lantern today, telling IGN about the appeal of villain Sinestro, and entering into the Lantern vs. Deadpool debate. [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1123246p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Ryder5150

Noob
Mar 15, 2010
Really can't wait to see this movie. It sounds like everything is coming together on this nicely. Apparently, the script follows "Secret Origin", which is a good thing, but they are coming up with a little of their own story too, which should differentiate this from the comics (a la "Batman Begins") and truly make it their own. The only thing I can't see yet is Blake Lively as Carol Ferris but from what I hear she's awesome in "The Town", so who knows. Hope this movie knocks it out of the park.

Ryder5150

Noob
Mar 15, 2010
CubanFalcon is right. We need a trailer! And whatever happened to a preview being on the "Clash of the Titans" bluray?

Jul 24, 2010
i dont know about this movie, its all pretty people who star it this. As history has told use this movie is likely to have less action and a lot of talk about the orgin of the green lantern but i think its going to suck and if it does not i will stuff my shoe in my mouth on youtube but mostly likely it will make money but there will be no heart to this movie, just money.

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
I hope Sinestro is cool in the movie. It seems like they're going to have him fall to villainy in the second film, which is exactly what should happen. I'm not too hot on Hector Hammond as the main villain, he's lame IMO, but hopefully it turns out good.

And yeah, what about that preview on Clash Of The Titans? Was it on there?

TAVOR

No Longer a Noob
May 19, 2002
Mark Strong plays a good bad guy and he looks like Sinestro. He'll probably steal the show.

Jhonsun

Noob
Sep 27, 2007
When someone says "The movie really started when we wrapped principal photography", it's a red flag. Think Star Wars prequels.

Aug 23, 2008
mark strong has yet to deliver a bad performance. he single-handedly redeemed guy ritchie's ponderous revolver.

Reoyon

Noob
Jul 7, 2010
Having Been A HUGE Fan Of Both Characters Since The Mid 90's I'm gonig to say that Deadpool's Healing Factor Would Put a Notch in GL's Power Ring. Trust me if Deadpool got his hands on that ring, the universe would never be the same again lol.

pctsou

Noob
Feb 5, 2010
@ Raiga_the_Shadow

Granted he's not evil yet because its an origin story, but the fact that he will be evil, and Im pretty sure he does some things to foreshadow his evil side in the movie, he still can be considered a villain. Its like sayin lex isnt a villain in the first couple of seasons of smallville or vader wasnt a villain in episode 1 and 2 (maybe episode 1 is an exception).

Duff999

Noob
Aug 3, 2009
@Raiga_the_shadow

why are you saying sorry to IGN? This is coming directly from Ryan Reynolds. If he says he's a villain hes obviously a villain. dumbass

Vladimon

Noob
Jul 28, 2010
great... when do we get some footage? or a trailer?

is the movie really Reynolds talking about how great Green Lantern is? [face_tongue]

batman_is_god

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 15, 2008
Smart heores would beat GL (BATMAN, Mr. Fantastic, etc.) all other heroes except Superman would get rocked.

BatmanDTW

Noob
Oct 9, 2010
deadpool would get his shit rocked. haha

let's see. do i want to see a second rate annoying mercenary with wolverine's powers or an iconic bad ass hero with a cool ring? i dunnooooooo.

JaBuLs

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 19, 2005
@BatmanDTW You obviously don't know much about Deadpool. It would be impossible to beat Deadpool in a fight, unless you're Dr. Manhattan, Phoenix, or somebody else who can control matter. Deadpool CAN'T DIE! Not as an expression, but he literally CANNOT die. He was cursed with being unable to die. He's been blown to tiny little chunks, sliced up, decapitated, blown up, etc. Green Lantern could try all he wants but eventually Deadpool would just cut off his head. Plus Green Lantern is weak to yellow, or wood, depending on which one we're talking about. So come on, Deadpool would spank him. Plus he's 10000000000000 times cooler than any DC hero.

Sedfreezy

Noob
Oct 11, 2010
@JaBuls "Plus he's 10000000000000 times cooler than any DC hero." Wow could you be anymore biased against DC??

Quietmatt

Noob
May 12, 2010
Deadpool sucks and is the most overrated characters EVER.

JaBul - Deadpool can die. Wounds cannot heal without oxygen. GL would just throw him into space and that's it. Deadpool just went down like a punk!

Aug 13, 2009
@ JaBuls - Green Lanterns' powers aren't effected by yellow ever since Parallax was expelled from the main green lantern battery on Oa.

I love both Green Lantern AND Deadpool but I'd have to give this one to GL.

bac0n

No Longer a Noob
Jun 11, 2001
LOL swords & sarcasm vs. THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON IN THE UNIVERSE.

Deadpool wouldn't even slow Green Lantern - any of them - down.

May 28, 2009
If GL can drag Deadpool to a blackhole or managed to blast him with anti-matter that will work for sure... But Deadpool will just have to beat GL with a wooden stick painted yellow... quite bizzare... but I still think it's gonna be an awesome movie...

Oct 4, 2010
Even if Deadpool cant ever die, GL would just have to send him to another dimension or universe or something and that's it. GL wins.

Nwebex

Noob
Dec 3, 2009
I actually personally find more realistic superheroes with 'limits' far more interesting than those that can do anything. I don't know much of anything about GL other than seeing him in the Justice League cartoon but the aforementioned reason is why I find Batman >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Superman for example.

Apr 9, 2009
Want to see both Gl and 'pool. Deadpool would win though I think in a fight. He is the only one I know that Gambit paid off just so he wouldn't have to fight him. It would be a great match to watch though...

pedde86

Noob
Dec 10, 2009
There is a limit to the green lantern, his power is based on the ring that needs sufficient willpower and strength to wield it. Hence if he gets the shit beat out of him and he realises its an unwinnable fight or if he loses a loved one it may affect his will -> his powers get affected

pedde86

Noob
Dec 10, 2009
Oh and the ring is powerless against anything colored yellow, due to an inherent impurity in the ring. Therefore GL can be killd by a 2HB pencil

Feb 13, 2010
Darthwarmonger4444 got it right Deadpool sucks; He is an overrated character that is nothing more than a mix between Spiderman and Deathstroke. Wade Wilson/ Slade Wilson, gee that sounds nothing alike. Deadpool was so much better when he made occasional appearances and did not have 7 or 8 ongoing titles and 50 variants a month. Marvel has been doing nothing but disappointing me for the last few years. Deadpool becoming as big as he has was the final nail in the coffin. Make mine DC.

Jan 6, 2009
@superman1979_1312

Its the humor, wits, and craziness of Deadpool that keeps him going. BTW The only reason Marvel made the Wade Wilson/ Slade Wilson was because it was an inside joke to DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.