Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://music.ign.com/articles/109/1095325p1.html]Green Day Interview[/link]
by John Gaudiosi

Summary:
Green Day is the first band since The Beatles to get the Rock Band treatment. We caught up with the guys after they got their hands on the finished product. [link=http://music.ign.com/articles/109/1095325p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Nov 23, 2009
I will definitly by this, im a big fan of Rb and GD so joining the two together is cool and as Trey pointed out, its a great way for people who have only heard American Idiot and 21st to experience older songs.

Toyou4you

Noob
Dec 15, 2009
Why Green Day I mean really the Beatles changed music history. I wish that the rumors of it being the Who were true they are an amazing band. Green Day became a sell out band.

jardiss

Noob
Nov 29, 2004
Doogie? For ****'s sake IGN, did you sack the copy editors too?

Fully censor profanity.
-V_s

Apr 25, 2010
excuse me but did he really say doogie? im sorry but do they check the names of their albums before they put it in or do they just wing it. get it right ign it DOOKIE!

rootveldt

Almost Not a Noob
May 26, 2009
well they have a good perspective about music games being for fun, and they never had the silly "major label" type hangups of many punk groups anyway. they had a lot of solid albums so this could be fun, I cant imagine anything in their repertoire being that challenging to play in game. are there supplementary non greenday songs though? all green day could be a heavy dose.
they said we'd be artistically free
when we signed a bit of paper
they meant we'll make a lotsa money
and worry about it later!

Sep 25, 2009
excuse me but did he really say doogie? im sorry but do they check the names of their albums before they put it in or do they just wing it. get it right ign it DOOKIE!excuse me but did he really say doogie? im sorry but do they check the names of their albums before they put it in or do they just wing it. get it right ign it DOOKIE!...
Posted by: SuperXCsabre495 on June 07, 2010 18:23 PDT

Seriously I lose more and more faith in IGN with the garbage "research" some of the writes put into their articles.

BasementDweller-2

I'm better than you, and don't want a title.
Jan 2, 2009
No Kerplunk and no 1039 smoothed out slap happy hours is a absolute joke to me.I pray they make them albums DLC.

Jun 6, 2009
Has anyone asked Green Day why they made a big deal about not selling their newest album at Wal-Mart cause Wal-Mart wanted it censored and Green Day didn't want it censored, yet Green Day Rock Band is censored. HMMM....

Rivet28

Noob
May 12, 2010
does anybody even listen to green day anymore??? i used to love green day around 1000 slappy hours but after dookie its all down hill. When time of your life came out and EVERY body was using it for graduations, marriages, and funerals i knew it was all down hill. It seems like they make music now strictly for the money, living in huge mansions and having butlers. they should have stuck more to their roots instead of trying to be the next beatles.

Cab000se

Noob
Jul 27, 2009
@rivet28

seriously...you need to grow the hell up and realise that time of your life's use for all manner of events was a great way of introducing the band to new people...surely people listening to their music is the whole point?? and sure, i agree their earlier stuff is better, but i'm not such a close-minded child that i can't appreciate a bands new direction.

they've been going 23 years and still sell by the bucketload and entertain millions...even if you don't like them thats a massive testament to their appeal, whatever the age.

efwiz

Noob
Aug 23, 2007
Green Day isn't exactly good, and probably not deserving of their own Rock Band game, but a Green Day Rock Band game could actually be pretty fun. It's simple, diverse, energetic, and popular enough to be a great experience.

HommyB

Noob
Mar 31, 2009
WTF? Doogie? I think it's called Dookie... That's a horrible mistake really.
Anyways, GreenDay's music is not about flashy guitar solos... they are fun and good with out em

Oct 14, 2008
I'm getting the plus version and using the codes. Anyone interested in the plus version without codes for purchase. Looking for $40 is all, so if you have paypal hit me back on here. Basically like buying the regular version with different case front.

relaxive

The EthoStar
May 17, 2005
*Dookie

And Green Day is a great band. Largely unappreciated for their musical depth because of their unchanging style. Still, don't know if their songs would make for a very fun Rock Band experience. I'll likely still with loving the albums

Status
Not open for further replies.