Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1113987p1.html]Gamescom: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One First Look[/link]
by Anthony Gallegos

Summary:
It's funny that we've been playing Ratchet and Clank titles for several years now (a series about two distinct characters who work together), but it's never been a cooperative title. Well that was the same thought of the newly formed Insomniac Games in North Carolina, who put that thought into action with the just announced Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One. [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1113987p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

SlipperyFellah

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 17, 2009
Looking forward to this one! Although it has been overshadowed somewhat by the announcement of Resistance 3, which I am even MORE excited for!!

Mar 5, 2010
It gives a chance for the original formula to be rested. I'm sure that they'll do another 'proper' R&C game in the future but I think that some people need a break from that formula for a while.

Mar 4, 2010
i really love ratchet and clank and will definitely enjoy this game, but i will never forgive insomniac for selling spyro :(

Jan 15, 2010
Man... I haven't played a ratchet and clank game since the days of PS2 but really excited to see this game go off in a new direction like this.I don't own a PS3 but id definately like to try this game out when it comes out. good stuff!!

Grobnar

Noob
Jul 15, 2009
ratchet was a cooperative title once (Ratchet: Deadlocked) that said, I cant wait for this game!

GrayDragon7

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 10, 2009
Guys don't flame me for this, I've never played any of the R&C games, which one do you suggest I play first or the best one for that matter.

TommyTsunami41

Prime Member
Aug 14, 2004
@GrayDargon7

My person favorites are A Crack in Time, Up Your Arsenal and Going Commando though I'd say they are all good games to pick up. You might be confused by some character references if you just jump in on A Crack in Time, but it'll still be fun regardless.

IceMidget

Noob
May 9, 2010
mixed feeling about this one, I love cooperative play, but the run and gun style of that A Crack in Time did so nicely is what Im gonna miss

starwarsmd

Noob
May 26, 2010
I'm happy R&C is changing its gameplay up a bit. After many fun games every year, the run and gun gameplay needed something fresh like the wrench tether and clank puzzles

Aug 26, 2008
Agreed, Going Commando was the best of the series. The worlds seemed so much bigger and there were so many of them, the music was eery and the game was simple yet so much fun to play.

BullToad

Noob
Nov 23, 2009
the best ratchet and clank? a Crack in Time,it going commando all over again, better story, wepons and mechanics, just a little shorter game, but not if you take into account all of the extras, then its quite a bit bigger...

Sep 29, 2008
As much as I love the classic Ratchet and Clank gameplay, this new direction does look like it can possibly be a welcome addition to the series.

Now . . . . . while we are waiting for this game . . . . . .

Insomniac, will you please finally give us an HD Ratchet and Clank Collection please?

Sep 9, 2005
As a HUGEEEE fanatic of ALL things R&C, I know imma LOVEEEEE this game. Ive always wanted to play a co-op R&C game ^__^ Im definitely interested with the story. I bet it takes place after the comics. Qwark is president and that wasnt revealed til the 1st issue. I cant wait to play this game, and I love the art style, its identical to the Insomniac Employee-only Vinyl figures. It also looks like it plays homage to the classic concept art and comics art style. 2011 cant come soon enough! So excited!!!!! 8D

Apr 9, 2010
I worry that a co-op R&C may not work brilliantly since it depends on teamwork an awful lot. For instance, I tried the Splosion Man multiplayer and I found it nearly unplayable since it requires lots of separate entities working together perfectly, and if one fails then you have to start that segment all over again.

Obviously, this R&C is different. But I hope this will succeed.

timoon01

Noob
Jul 29, 2010
co-op in a RC is a genius idea. But it also looks like the game is seriously dumbed down. It looks like the kickass weapons from the last games are gone. Thats a BIG MISTAKE Insomniac. I mean it looks like a great game, but alot of people are gonna be angry

Jan 19, 2010
Nice idea. Knowing Insomniac, they'll undoubtedly make it work very well.

However, I don't like the cartoon-y art style they've adopted. It does nothing for me, just makes it all look more childish. They should go back to how it originally looked in the first four games (but in HD, obviously).

RAnkeT52

Noob
Aug 22, 2010
Just to clear up some confusion, the KICKASS weapons are NOT GONE and the KICKASS weapons will still be upgradable

ecarl916

Noob
Jul 3, 2008
Come on, not only is this not the classic R&C experience, but there taking 2 years to get it out compared to the usual every fall cycle. And it does seem dumbed down at the moment. Hopefully that will change though.

Aug 4, 2005
ecarl916 said:
Come on, not only is this not the classic R&C experience, but there taking 2 years to get it out compared to the usual every fall cycle. And it does seem dumbed down at the moment. Hopefully that will change though.

to be fair, they've been setting up there second insomniac offices and stuff. this game is from the new second offices while the first offices are working on resistance 3. if i understand correctly.

plus im really liking the look of that electric weapon betweek two people, I wonder if there's gonna be more weapons like that :S

one final thing, its gonna be out in one year, fall 2011, it's currently 2010 :) one year.

EDIT: @ timoon01: its the firt level, they're not gonna show all the epic weapons on the first level :)

I suspect that the game will play much the same way as little big planet does. and that works very well the majority of the time (Unless your unlucky enough to have a bunch of trolls), even with less experianced players

kjbrown972

Noob
Sep 1, 2010
i just bought the only rc games i hadnt played for my psp (size matters and secret agent clank) and was worrying that the rumours that a crack in time was the last rc ever when i came on ign and saw this ! phew

i.abstract

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 31, 2001
They need to do a PS3 HD re-release of all their PS3 games, a la the God of War Collection.

Nov 26, 2009
I really hope they focuse on the story as much as the multiplayer elements there have been to many games who made a crappy story so they could have more multiplayer elements

mesheshai

Noob
Aug 3, 2010
yo im excited 4 this, R&C Crack in time was hands down the best game i've ever played on the PS3 so im just wondering how their gonna deal with the multiplayer aspect

OWLovethBL

Noob
Aug 21, 2006
I couldn't agree more, it looks like Insomniac have suddenly decided their target audience is six years old.

Yet another game in a really popular franchise offering multiplayer as the main feature of the next game. Why would they, after 6 or 7 BRILLIANT solo player games in a series, suddenly decide to try and turn it into a co-op experience?

This game obviously isn't designed to be played by one person, effectively alienating a large part of the fanbase.

Crash Bash, anyone?

If after this they release Ratchet Kart Racing then we'll know the series isn't coming back.

Caveman203

Noob
Apr 29, 2010
The mario franchise was still very much alive when they did Mario kart 64 (which was awesome), it was super mario galaxy that killed it. And the crash franchise survived an equally awesome crash team racing ages ago.

Nov 9, 2010
If Insomniac releases another single-player platformer: Wahhh, Insomniac is not doing anything new and rehashes the old stuff! The franchise is RUINED FOREVER!!!!!

If Insomniac tries to change it up: Wahhhh, Insomniac is changing too much!!! It looks dumb!!! The franchise is RUINED FOREVER!!!!!

The lesson: Fans can be unpleasable twits.

Nov 9, 2010
Kyle1395 said:
Reviews weren't too good for it so I'm passing and I don't have the Move either.

Once again....WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???? The game hasn't even come out yet, how could it have reviews?

May 21, 2001
Looks like it will be fun. Greg you are absolutely right, you honestly have no real right to pass any sort of judgement after a measly 20 minutes with the game. and those werent even 20 uninterrupted minutes. So you get a few minutes here a few minutes there. Not a good way to get a feel for a game, imo. Also, where are the details? You didnt even mention that each char has its own little ability in the group. Like Qwark can raise a shield, and Clank can slow time. I mean things like that would be nice to know ya know?

As long as it has lots of upgradeable weapons, collectibles and it has the usual R and C humor, I am all in!!

Kyle1395

Noob
Nov 6, 2010
GamerSlyRatchet said:
Kyle1395 said:
Reviews weren't too good for it so I'm passing and I don't have the Move either.

Once again....WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???? The game hasn't even come out yet, how could it have reviews?
My bad that was a noob move. I mixed this up with Heroes like the one guy said. Whoops

Status
Not open for further replies.