RootBeerTuna

Professional Prostate Inspector
Feb 1, 2006
Surrey, BC Canada
I just bought The Old Republic from Gamestop for $59.99, installed it, activated the code, and now it's asking me to buy a subscription before I can even play the damn thing. It says that I have 29 days of game time already, so why do I need to buy a subscription or add another game time card? Do you really have to pay $59.99 PLUS $14.99 just to play the damn game when you get it home, or am I possibly doing something wrong? I contacted customer support but I don't see them being much help considering its EA.

Anyway, do I really need to buy more game time just to play the first month that comes with the retail copy of the game?

Motar98

Super Star
Jan 6, 2003
i don't think you actually have to buy time but they do want cc info, or paypall info. or you can buy a game card

RootBeerTuna

Professional Prostate Inspector
Feb 1, 2006
Surrey, BC Canada
According to customer service I did have to buy game time, so I did, and it worked. But if that's the case, it's bullshit. What's the point in giving 30 days in the box if you have to buy more time just to use the 30 days?

It doesn't really matter now. I bought two extra months and I've totally fallen in love with the game. But it still kinda pisses me off. That's EA for you though. Always trying to get more money out of the consumer.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?xhgp3j
Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk