pete491

Noob
Sep 12, 2008
I have to say I loved this game. I don't play video games as much as I used to but I think I have enjoyed this game more than any I've played before.

I've played it through three times and am ready for something new. I like this style of game. Lots of story and character. More than just killing and survival.

Can anyone who really liked this game recommend one another that they think is just as good?

Thanks!

CHawk15

Prime Member
Jul 20, 2011
You could try some of Naughty Dog's other games on PS3 (Uncharted, Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3). Maybe something like Bioshock Infinite.

jhicks92

Noob
Nov 8, 2013
Bioshock infinite was terrible, you cant even compare it to the last of us. now, gears on the other hand.. one of my favs.

assassinscreedguy

No Longer a Noob
Mar 29, 2012
If you're into story and character, you should check out Naughty Dog's other stuff, like someone else said, and also Rockstar Games, particularly Red Dead Redemption. They're not very similar in terms of gameplay, but they have some of the best characters and stories in games IMO.

surprise1

A guy.
May 23, 2003
This ^^^^.
Also, anyone comparing Gears of War to The Last of Us is a fucking moron. Fact.

PS. I bet you'd dig Bioshock Infinite. Great characters and story.

Last edited:

maluraq

Noob
Sep 18, 2010
I have to agree with playing Naughty Dog's other games. The Uncharted series is all worth playing, even the first is incredible by any standard.

kill4money213

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 12, 2013
die Staaten
As said, Bioshock Infinite ( I'd also recommend the original as well, though gameplay is different, the characters, setting and atmosphere is fantastic) and some of Naughty Dog's other titles. I don't know if you'd like it, but Fallout 3 is a pretty good game. It's an RPG/Survival game so enemies are going to be taking lots of damage like in most RPG's, but the game's atmosphere and characters were awesome, as well as the cinematic VATS killing.

Pveezy88

Noob
Nov 2, 2013
The Last of Us ruined all other games for me... I feel like a heroin addict chasing his first high... I thought Metro: Last Light might be similar... but its not even close... I just started Dishonored and I am liking that.

The Uncharted games are good but I like the darkness of the Last of Us.

surprise1

A guy.
May 23, 2003
Yep. It'll do that. It's a great game. I've been playing games for 30 years and have been waiting for a game like The Last of Us for what seems like forever.

Hydrolynx

No Longer a Noob
Nov 14, 2001
If you loved The Last of Us, you'll probably like Tomb Raider, even if you've never been interested in the series before.

Dec 29, 2013
I have to say I loved this game. I don't play video games as much as I used to but I think I have enjoyed this game more than any I've played before.

I've played it through three times and am ready for something new. I like this style of game. Lots of story and character. More than just killing and survival.

Can anyone who really liked this game recommend one another that they think is just as good?

Thanks!

The closest I can think of is "Beyond: Two Souls" which like TLOU has a rich storyline and somewhat similar game mechanics (i.e. not really open world and very linear). TLOU has more interaction while B:2S is far more like a movie with minimal user interaction. There are many Youtube walkthroughs you can watch if interested - I did that and didn't need to buy the game (B:2S I mean).

joesatmoes

Noob
Sep 15, 2012
Well, there's a PSN and XBL and Steam game called I Am Alive- it's not got the best graphics, and it's rather short (but it's an XBLA/PSN game, so give it some slack), but it's got a lot of similarities with it. And there's the Walking Dead games (the good ones, I mean- not, i repeat NOT Survival Instinct), that are also emotional and scary. And Spec Ops: the Line- it's actually a military third person shooter, but that means it's in a genre that is nowadays crap (just like tLOU is for survival horror), and it's got good gameplay and an emotional story and it's beautiful and it's based in a wartorn city, like the Last Of Us

spencebp

Noob
May 20, 2014
It's from a vastly different genre, but Dark Souls has one of the best narratives of any game I've played. Dark Souls also makes you work for the story - this could be a big turn off given that it is essentially an open world game, with a lot less direction and linearity than The Last of Us. Also (and you might be let down if you are expecting the cinematic quality of The Last of Us), check out Hotline Miami. You can get it for $10 bucks and it has a great story, though not even close to being in the same ballpark as Joel and Ellie's adventure.

One more suggestion is Silent Hill 2 - you'd have to get it on PSN, but if you missed it it is definitely worth going back to. If you are looking for story and character, Silent Hill 2 is an incredibly good bet. Like, a truly incredibly good bet. Writing about it makes me want to go back and play it again.

But it's true - The Last of Us will make every other game you play somewhat of a letdown. It's of a completely different class.

LisaB1138

Older than most, smarter than the average bear
Apr 23, 2004
TLOU is the gold standard for storytelling in games.

Tsane99

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 13, 2012
Assassin's Creed 2 or Black Flag and the Batman Arkham series. Although these game may not be as emotional as Last of Us they do tell a great stories and have characters you'll love and feel sympathy towards. I highly recommend you give them a shot.

qkh87

Noob
Jul 31, 2009
East Coast
AC2 and ACB are good no great. I haven't finished TLOU yet but this is what Resident Evil should've become on current-gen. Maybe they can copy it some how and reboot the series with a dark, rich story line.