Oct 12, 2013
So I just got to Skyhold and I've ran around a bunch, trying to figure out how the hell to get out of this prison of a castle, and it seems that i'm forever stuck here. I try to start a new mission outside of Skyhold and it says I need 8 power to start one. The thing is is that I only have 2 Inquisition power and there is no way to get any Inquisition power inside Skyhold. I've looked all over the internet, including these forums, but i can't find anything. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a glitch, but all I know is that restarting is my only option right now. Any advice? HELP!

QuickM3

Noob
Jan 28, 2015
You'll want to go out to one of the zones you have already unlocked, The Hinterlands and/or The Storm Coast or the Fallow Mire (just depending on which ones you unlocked before going completing In Your Heart Shall Burn and winding up in Skyhold and what level you are) and continue to help the NPC's, do other quests, close rifts, etc. This will help increase your power and you will have the ability to, at that point, unlock other zones. You should definitely finish out everything out on the Storm Coast. There is only one area out there that stays locked out until you get much later into the game. The Hinterlands should be something you can clear out except 2-3 level 8+ rifts and the level 12 dragon. Also if my memory serves me correctly, the Fallow Mire starts around level 12. However, between The Hinterlands and The Storm Coast, you should not have any issues getting enough power together to unlock new zones. If you haven't unlocked it yet, The Storm Coast takes 4 power (I think) to unlock, on your War Table, and is located on the Ferelden side of your War Table. Hope this helps.

QuickM3

Noob
Jan 28, 2015
... as an aside, there is actually a really great beginner's tutorial posted here that you might want to check out. It goes deep into a lot of things that the basic pop ups you get when doing the tutorial missing leave out.

AnimeKing2009

The Knight of Zero
Jun 2, 2009
lol. inquisition perks and power are different things. You just have to go to area's open already and do quests to get power.