larcec

Noob
May 10, 2008
should I look into the Dark Cloud games? Rogue Galaxy was a great epic rpg but Dark Cloud seems very different. Ignore my ignorance here, but the Dark Cloud games look more of a kiddy side to it. Should I check this game out seeing as I liked Rogue Galaxy?
Thanks in advance.

Mr._Pseudonym

;^) PSNID: Danger_Dad
Feb 4, 2004
;^) Rogue Galaxy was created by the same developer that created Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud2, of course. If you are familiar with their earlier efforts, then it is obvious that even though Rogue Galaxy is a separate continuity, its roots are in the earlier ones.

Many of the elements that made the earlier ones so popular are repeated in Rogue Galaxy, even if only in mutated form. Don't take the graphic style of the second one fool you; it's actually quite a charming story, told very well.

My assessment is that if you enjoyed Rogue Galaxy, you'll enjoy Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2. Especially because these days you can find them dirt cheap....

larcec

Noob
May 10, 2008
They do seem intriguing, although they do come quite rare and expensive these days - but I think that's only for PAL gamers. Time to hunt :)
BTW, are these games as long as Rogue Galaxy?

Mr._Pseudonym

;^) PSNID: Danger_Dad
Feb 4, 2004
:^/ I haven't played Rogue Galaxy, except for the demo disk, and so cannot say how long it lasts. However, Dark Cloud and its sequel will allow one to revisit earlier dungeons and so on to build up one's weapons and other goodies as much as one wants. There are side missions/diversion such as virtual fishing, spheda (a
golf-like sport), medals for completing dungeons under particular
circumstances, and so on. It's almost endless.

;^) I've logged over three hundred hours of playing time on each, though not nearly that much time was actually necessary. It's just that their charming digital world has so much appeal that I don't like to leave it....

plexors

Liker
Nov 16, 2003
Yes. I have both dark clouds and rogue galaxy. Wonderful games indeed. Get them, you won't regret. I haven't played them since I have long finished them and play on another system now. I probably will go back to playing them for old times sake.

Nickbro8N

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 18, 2004
I Own Rogue Galaxy and I Must say it's a solid game, but in comparison to Dark Cloud 1 or 2 it's average. I am a bit bias because dark cloud was my first rpg series, but it is actually my favourite series probably ever. i've replayed both games too many times. I 100% recommend buying them, especially since you can find them for 15, 20 bucks each used.