Edly

Noob
Sep 7, 2010
[cross-posted from the EA forums]

I bought NHL 11 today, entered my online pass code, and began playing online. Everything worked great. Then I tried to make an EASHL Team to invite my friends into. After setting up the team, I was given the error message "Your gamer profile does not have the correct permissions to access this feature." Needless to say, this was pretty irritating. I found out that a few of my friends were having the same problem, so I figured it must be something on EA's side. Then I discovered that some of my other friends COULD play fine. That REALLY irritated me. The few of us who couldn't play ranted and complained about it for a little while, until I realized that the common ground was that we had our gamer profiles set to only hear voice from people on our friends list. A quick trip to the xbox settings menu fixed it.

If you have the same problem, make sure you don't have that setting checked. Here's where to find the setting:

X-Box Guide Button -> Settings Tab -> Profile -> Edit Profile -> Privacy Settings -> (you'll then be signed out of X-Box Live) -> Voice and Text -> then select EVERYONE.

Take a note EA. Patch this glitch or at least change the message to explain why this is happening. Personally, I don't see why I need to be able to talk to strangers just so I can play your game.

DaGamingMonkey

Vintage RARE A+++ LOOK LOOK NR
Mar 5, 2003
I'm guessing so you that stranger who is on your team in pick up games of Eashl can actually communicate with you.

Edly

Noob
Sep 7, 2010
That makes some sense, but it assumes that I want to play with people I don't know on my team. If I make a private club just to play with two of my friends, why do I need to have open communication? That's just my opinion.

I mainly posted in case anyone else had the same issue. There's no in-game explanation for it and it took a while to figure out the root of the problem. Hopefully this saves someone else a little frustration.

dtrent387

Noob
Dec 25, 2010
Thanks for the tip I was having this same issue with Medal Of Honor I wasn't able to do anything online but I changed that setting and it works just fine.

SensFan101

Rock Band Board Minister of Foreign Affairs
Apr 1, 2007
[face_plain]
I find it funny how this thread got it's first post in 2 months from a guy with one post and then it got bumped before that 3 months after the thread came out by a guy with one post. Both guys looking on a NHL board for Fifa and MoH help?

Nice alts, OP.

May 21, 2008
SensFan101 said:
[face_plain]
I find it funny how this thread got it's first post in 2 months from a guy with one post and then it got bumped before that 3 months after the thread came out by a guy with one post. Both guys looking on a NHL board for Fifa and MoH help?

Nice alts, OP.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Agreed. Jesus, nobody makes a new account to answer to respond to this.

jayenh-

Noob
Jun 12, 2005
Actually, if you search google for the above generic ea error message this is the first result, and it answers the question. I came here because I was getting the error in fight night champion, just so happened to be on a site I have an account. Sometimes people just like to show appreciation and inform others who find this thread that the setting change worked... Why would someone with 2 post come back and make alts to bump a thread on boards they clearly don't use, seriously?

Anyway, for those interested, this worked for me as well, although I think the way of accessing the setting changed since the thread was made? On the dashboard I went to "my xbox" section - my profile (the tile next to your current loaded disc) - online safety and changed it in there. I didn't see any privacy settings the way the OP described... But it's late, maybe i just didn't notice it.

CFLacky

Noob
Jul 26, 2002
that's how I found it. I had this error with NCAA 2012. Would you call me alt account?

Ignorance, love it...

GoGoJeSuZ

Noob
Oct 4, 2011
i have finally figured this out!!!! for those of us having this problem ask ya self this ... did u get a NEW xbox 360 or transfer your gamertag from a memory card or another hard drive!!!
the answer is this after racking my brains for hours messing around .... YOUR GAMERTAG HAS TO BE ON THE SAME DRIVE AS U SAVE YOUR GAMES!!! SOON AS I MOVED MY GAMER TAG FROM MY 360'S ON BOARD DRIVE TO THE 250 GIG DRIVE .. I WAS ABLE TO DOWNLOAD CONTENT!!!

bfp1847

Noob
Oct 19, 2011
So I tried what everyone was saying by changing those settings. I get as far as edit profile and I can't find the next step. Could it possibly be because right now I'm doIng the one month free then was going to renew it afterwards so technically I never paid for live yet?? I called chic about this problem and they walked me through it but didn't help. I called back later and another person said it's EA fault. Can somebody please help me by getting this annoying message off and just let me play some NHL 12 against others. That's all I want to do but it seems like that's too much to ask for

bfp1847

Noob
Oct 19, 2011
Also when I called xbox they said that the email I used for EA might've been create before I was 13 which it was. I've had this email for quite some time. Apparently to xbox EA doesn't allow people under 13 to play their games. I created a new xbox account and new email to use for EA and still have this message pop up so I'm thinking it doesn't have anything to do with age but I could be wrong

Dec 2, 2011
please i really need someone to help me i have been trying to play fifa 12 and narutostorm2 and it keeps saying YOUR GAMER PROFILE DOES NOT HAVE CORRECT PERMISSION TO ACCESS THIS FEATURE.What should i do please someone help me.

SOCCAlife

Noob
Dec 30, 2011
AMAZING ! you changed my whole freeking life kid !

I have been struggling with this for about 3 hours, I had no idea what was going on. It pisses me off that with an update, comes greater distresses in this field of online gaming.

It was sop confusing but thanks to your guidance I am able to play online no problem !
THANKS !!

really, thanks !!

Victor

Jul 9, 2011
it didn't fixed anything.I am getting error in all of my EA Games when i select Multi player.Your gamer profile does not have the correct permissions to access this feature.I am getting this error in latest EA Games Battlefield 3 and Need for Speed The Run.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2014
I made my age 13+ and I did that X-Box Guide Button -> Settings Tab -> Profile -> Edit Profile -> Privacy Settings -> (you'll then be signed out of X-Box Live) -> Voice and Text -> then select EVERYONE. and I still get this error :( :( :( :( :( :(