Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://bluray.ign.com/articles/112/1126928p1.html]First Look: All-Star Superman Animated[/link]
by Scott Collura & Eric Moro

Summary:
NYCC: The scene was the First Look! Upcoming DC Universe Animated Original Films & Shorts panel in the IGN Theater at New York Comic Con. The situation (no, not The Situation) was executive producer Bruce Timm and writer Michael Jelenic talking about and showing footage from their upcoming animated films, including the highly anticipated All-Star Superman. [link=http://bluray.ign.com/articles/112/1126928p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

gamejediben

No Longer a Noob
Feb 28, 2003
@drock_drummer

Lex Luthor is an awesome villain. Get over it. He's like an evil version of Batman and a very threatening foe. But that's besides the point because All Star Superman isn't about Superman vs. Lex anyway.

Aug 14, 2008
@gamejediben

I'm over it, dude. But seriously, how about opening up the rogues gallery a bit? Anyway, you might want to relay the whole "not about Superman vs. Lex" message to the folks that put the trailer together. Apparently they didn't get the memo.

SpideyBiB

Noob
Sep 19, 2008
Good lord not another Jersey Shore looking douche bag Superman, he looks terrible. When I heard they were gonna make the movie look as much like the comic as possible I was really excited... now I've just lost all faith in DC animated movies

Sep 16, 2010
I'm excited. For me, the charm of the series was all the little nods to the silver age and Morrison's love of everything small and weird in the Superman mythos. Now, as an animated movie that will probably be little over 60 minutes, I am worried about what they will (and make no mistake, they will) cut out to fit in that 1 hour time frame, and how much they will change.

D

Deleted member 162

Original poster
I am yet to pass on a Bruce Timm project naturally I will be seeing this as well.

nwoodbury

Noob
Sep 30, 2007
@Snakpakk:

it's Paul Dini who is the genius behind the epics of which you speak. not saying anything bad about Bruce Timm, as i think he's one of DC's best producers, but Timm is riding on the coattails of the brilliant writing of Dini.

J

jrau18

Original poster
@nwoodbury

Dini is fantastic, no disputes possible. BUT, he has a hard time controlling himself, and can go overboard. Timm is the one who reigned him in for the DCAU. So Timm isn't riding the coattails of Dini, he put the coat on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.