Mar 31, 2011
Tiger61378 said:
Ice, just because Ice Launch + Improved Static Thrusters is THE greatest way to get around the city. The Fire powers are flashy, but there's no awesome movement ability like Ice Launch.
What about firebird launch?

Mockingjay

Noob
Jun 16, 2011
To Qwerty: The firebird launch is good for the mobility but it cost more energy and is less maneuverable so ice launch does beat it in terms of mobility but when it comes to power firebird wins.

Jul 28, 2010
Mockingjay said:
To Qwerty: The firebird launch is good for the mobility but it cost more energy and is less maneuverable so ice launch does beat it in terms of mobility but when it comes to power firebird wins.
If you want mobility you use Lightning Tether, which both sides get. Don't look at mobility when choosing your powers because Lightning Tether can get you around the city faster then anything else if you use it right. Granted you don't get Lightning Tether until later into the game, but it's only like 2 more blast cores after where you get to choose between ice/fire powers.

Mockingjay

Noob
Jun 16, 2011
You make a point there but while lightening tether is precise there can be faster alternatives though when you weigh it all together it does depend on how you use them (like you said). You gotta admit though with all those new powers some people just want to abuse the elements as much as they can.

Tiger61378

You gonna scream before I ban ya?
Sep 4, 2000
Fyrestone, deep in the Borderlands
Lightning tether is ok...but I prefer Ice Launch/Static Thrusters since I can redirect in mid flight if I need to (for example, if I launch & go flying over a mugging or something, I can just turn off the thrusters & drop in on em, while the tether pretty well forces a straight line run).

Jun 15, 2010
I have to go Ice too. I was expecting much more power in the fire abilities. The only real worthwhile one is the Hellfire Missiles. And even those are eh unless all of them hit. I didn't use the Ionic Drain once as the same can be done with a simple drain and not cost a charge.

Jun 30, 2008
Definitely ice. I wouldn't consider Nix's powers fire really either... I didn't even notice the "Napalm" effects really.

But I have to say Ionic Drain was spammed a lot in my evil playthrough.

ArtakhaPrime

Almost Not a Noob
May 8, 2011
Tough one... i think i'd have to say Fire, although only if you use it in Evil playthrough. Seriously i FLEW from island 1 to Floodtown. Just drain someone while infamous, and you'll be able to fly pretty far.

Lightnng tether is kind of hard to use proberly, and Ice Launch.. well, it's fine, but not quite fast.

Jun 23, 2011
They're both nice, but I say neither. I've played ice and fire, and I just prefer electricity. Not a lot of mobility until later in the game, but I love the classic, original feel. Kuo has Ice, Nix has Fire, Cole can get either, but I stick with good old electricity.

sng-ign

電 子 遊 戲 師 傅
Aug 6, 2002
The ice powers only remind me how awesome it would be to have this dude:

[image=http://greghornjudge.com/images/Large/4%20Magazine%20art/SubZero_Black_Flash.JPG]

in an MK Shao Lin monks / Mythologies do-over game.

Artist is the infamous Greg Horn!

Xtreme1995

You're Goddamn Right
Nov 3, 2007
Ice. Although I actually thought you would be able to use the Ice Launch like the Ice Soldiers.

sng-ign

電 子 遊 戲 師 傅
Aug 6, 2002
Kyle1395 said:
Fire for me because it made being evil even more fun.
[image=http://killerinstinct.gamebub.com/images/ki_cinder_render.jpg]

jacktres

Almost Not a Noob
May 14, 2011
Doesn't matter. I don't believe the choice affects the gameplay experience in any meaningful way. It's purely cosmetic, I'm sure.

puffteam

NecronomiSean's Favorite Floating Duck
Mar 7, 2006
jacktres said:
Doesn't matter. I don't believe the choice affects the gameplay experience in any meaningful way. It's purely cosmetic, I'm sure.
wot

Each have their own advantages in different situations. Ionic Freeze can be utilized to wipe out a stampede of enemies in front of you while Ionic Drain can destroy any nearby enemy in a large radius with the bonus of regenerating energy and healing yourself. Ice Launch is pretty much ten times better than Firebird Strike so I don't have to mention anything about that. The napalm grenades are more for destructive use while their ice counterparts are for more tactical.

I mean, yeah they're all powers of destruction in the end but each set have their own unique abilities to experience against the enemies and environment.

I prefer fire but being evil had some part to do with it. Mostly because while evil, you're able to chuck grenades and rockets everywhere without worrying about karma. Good Cole... has to constantly watch out for those civilians.

CAGED_FURY

Noob
Oct 18, 2007
puffteam said:
I prefer fire but being evil had some part to do with it. Mostly because while evil, you're able to chuck grenades and rockets everywhere without worrying about karma. Good Cole... has to constantly watch out for those civilians.

I would rather watch out for the saftey of civilians than destroy civilization. And a good player can decimate his enemies without once harming the innocent. The Ionic Freeze does no harm to civilians. Ice and Electricity are a powerful combination, indeed.

jacktres

Almost Not a Noob
May 14, 2011
What a touching sentiment. Chivalrous displays from video game players are all too rare these days. It does my heart good to hear that there are still principled players like you out there. Stay golden.

reaper0123

Noob
Nov 25, 2012
if you want want fire power and destruction you should go with fire and if youre like me and have a bigger interest in mobility ice is what you want

image.jpg
image.jpg