brobbierob

Noob
Nov 30, 2012
my fire emblem 7 gba is not saving. it flips with the "ching" of a save and goes back to "NEW SAVE"
any help?
its played on a gameboy SP

YourVeryOwnGeek

Hey kid, I'm a computer.
Jun 11, 2007
This is probably an internal battery problem. I've read that the way the GBA games save data, the battery in the cartridge is prone to burning out after a huge amount of saves. If you want to play FE7, emulation is a good option. It won't have the portability of an SP, but you can play the game.

Sorry to hear your cart isn't saving. I'm kind of at a loss on the specifics on how to troubleshoot problems on old cartridges, so if it isn't the internal battery, sorry I can't help.

brobbierob

Noob
Nov 30, 2012
This is probably an internal battery problem. I've read that the way the GBA games save data, the battery in the cartridge is prone to burning out after a huge amount of saves. If you want to play FE7, emulation is a good option. It won't have the portability of an SP, but you can play the game.

Sorry to hear your cart isn't saving. I'm kind of at a loss on the specifics on how to troubleshoot problems on old cartridges, so if it isn't the internal battery, sorry I can't help.

thanks for the info. that kinda sucks since that and sacred stones are the 2 best gba games. next in line would be mario land 2