surprise1

A guy.
May 23, 2003
Hey all. Just wanted to introduce myself as this is my first Fire Emblem game. Wow. Seriously, wow. This game is great as I'm sure you all know. I just beat Chapter 13 and damn it just got better. I've only lost a few of my crew throughout the game as I've been restarting battles.

There were a few that slipped through the cracks but we had to move on. One of those was Virion. I think I lost him around Chapter 9. It was a tough loss but whatever battle it was owned me for hours and he was a sacrifice. Strange thing though that he showed up alive after the fall of Plegia. Does this happen for everyone whether he is dead or alive? It's funny because he was my only real loss and seeing him show up got me all giddy, although he didn't join. [face_tongue]

Cheers. Just wanted to share. Diving back in.

metalheadmax

Sing it, Sam
Feb 26, 2006
Important story characters never die in Fire Emblem unless they're supposed to. Virion has a small impact on the story, and his death quote was probably something like "I can't take this much longer, I have to retreat" rather than "BLAAAAARGH IM DIED" like most other units.

YourVeryOwnGeek

Hey kid, I'm a computer.
Jun 11, 2007
I actually never get to see where the devs change scenes to fit dead characters anymore since I haven't let a unit die since my second playthrough of my first FE game. I thought about that scene and wondered how Virion being dead would affect it since he's such a minor character, but I guess they didn't want to add more dialogue to the game /thinlyveiledsarcasm.

Mayonaka_

No Longer a Noob
Jan 25, 2013
Marukyu Striptease
It's because he needs to drag Cherche's ass to Ylisse so she can exposition about the Valmese invasion, duh

I find it funny that only three males aside from Chrom and Male MU don't die in-story when they die in-game, and the dandy fuck is one of them. Even if he's a useless cockwaffle unless you turn him into a Wyvern Rider.