joeshmoe86

No Longer a Noob
Jun 12, 2003
Don't have much time to post this topic but was wondering what movie challenge people enjoyed the most for the movie reference that inspired it? and also what car chases would you have liked to see?

I had fun with the smokey and the bandit inspired one, also the gone in 60 seconds one because it it used the original mustang not the remake one that used the GT500 and
computer effects to do a car jump [face_rolling_eyes] But also the Bullet one was fitting since its in SF

I wanted to see a Blues Brothers inspired chase, like in Driv3r you could drive through a mall and smash stores, I wanted to see that in this game but with the movie inspired cop chase through a mall with lots of stuff to smash.

JZ3Racing

The Driver King
Dec 12, 2003
The Gone in 60 Seconds and Bullitt were my favorite to do. And the ones that they took from the original driver I liked was the Garage mission and the President mission.

I too would have liked to drive a car through a mall again, but I wasn't expecting it.

joeshmoe86

No Longer a Noob
Jun 12, 2003
I really liked that they put that garage driving test in from the first one, also the reference of driving a Delorean at 88 mph was petty funny to me

I was expecting, not sure why but was, more of a Blues Brothers reference, doesn't help I just watched the movie again shortly before the game came out so I guess it was just fresh in my mind, but only reference I caught was Tanner says "I wanted to say this for years" "We're on a mission from God" which I did find funny :^O

JZ3Racing

The Driver King
Dec 12, 2003
About the garage mission, how many tries did it take you to beat it in the original and in Driver SF?

It took me maybe 10 tries in the first Driver and I got it on the first try in Driver SF with 3 seconds remaining :D

joeshmoe86

No Longer a Noob
Jun 12, 2003
It sadly took me a really long time to get it in the original from what I remember. I don't remember why I had trouble with it other than maybe driving games were new to me then and I didn't get what I was suppose to do right away. It was a long time ago. In SF it took me a few tries first couple I wasn't quite over the excitement of being back in that garage mission for the first time in many years lol I'll have to look up how quickly I did end up doing it.

what are the Uplay challenges? I haven't unlocked them last I looked.

JZ3Racing

The Driver King
Dec 12, 2003
joeshmoe86 said:
It sadly took me a really long time to get it in the original from what I remember. I don't remember why I had trouble with it other than maybe driving games were new to me then and I didn't get what I was suppose to do right away. It was a long time ago. In SF it took me a few tries first couple I wasn't quite over the excitement of being back in that garage mission for the first time in many years lol I'll have to look up how quickly I did end up doing it.

what are the Uplay challenges? I haven't unlocked them last I looked.

There are 5 Uplay challenges. They are:

Downtown Crusin' - A race.
Classic Race - A race.
Legal Troubles - Inspired by the President mission from Driver.
Smoking Allowed - Drift time trial.
Tanner's Day Off - A time trial.