Aug 22, 2010
For those unfamiliar with the game’s premise, Its single-player campaign puts gamers in the shoes of Ajay Ghale, an English-speaking Nepalese native who returns to Kyrat, a fictional, yet wild region within the Himalayas to scatter his mother’s ashes in honor of her dying wishes. In the game’s actual, full-length story, Ajay gets caught up in a civil war upon arrival as the Kyrat natives struggle under the oppressive regime of self-appointed king, Pagan Min.

On to the real meat of the matter, in the game’s alternate ending, once Ajay is taken into the hands of Pagan Min, he is taken to a room, in which Min tells him to stay and “enjoy the crab rangoon.”

This is where the alternate ending can be accessed:

If the player decides to stay put in the room, instead of leaving the premises, for approximately 13 minutes, Pagan Min comes back into the room. After that, Min takes him to the place where Ajay is to place his mother’s urn of ashes.

Min proceeds to tell Ghale the history of his mother in Kyrat, which reveals some interesting discoveries. After some short exposition, Ghale is directed to enter the building where he is to place his mother’s ashes next to those of another deceased relative.

Upon exit of the building, Pagan Min says something along the lines of, “Oh good! You feel better now? Get it out of your system? Maybe now, we can shoot some goddamn guns,” as The Clash’s “Should I Stay or Should I Go’s” introductory riff plays in the background. Min and Ghale enter Min’s helicopter as the game’s ending credits roll.

That’s it. Legitimately.

Source: Far Cry 4 alternate ending allows it to be “beaten” in under 15 minutes

ByteMee

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 15, 2008
:^O That's pretty awesome actually! At first I was skeptical until I read your post, now it sounds interesting.

Jimbobthon

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 24, 2010
I would have hated being the person (but loved to see their face) whom discovered this after paying £40/$60 for the game and thought that was it.

SweatyHamWallet

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 31, 2013
I've been reading this headline for a while and thought it was not real, but damn, that's pretty cool of Ubisoft to set it up that way!
So.....you finish the game with like 1 Achievement popped then?

Jimbobthon

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 24, 2010
I've been reading this headline for a while and thought it was not real, but damn, that's pretty cool of Ubisoft to set it up that way!
So.....you finish the game with like 1 Achievement popped then?

Oh it is real, i did it for a laugh after i completed the game (the long, yet enjoyable way).