ZhouTaiRoks

No Longer a Noob
Mar 24, 2003
Famitsu magazine recently held a poll asking which Three Kingdom generals it's readers wanted to be added as new playable characters in future Dynasty Warriors installments. The results were revealed in the most recent issue and are as follows:

1st place - Guo Jia (Wei)
2nd place - Yue Jin (Wei)
3rd place - Pang De (Wei)
4th place - Xun Yu (Wei)
5th place - Lu Su (Wu)
6th place - Chen Gong (unalligned)
7th place - Xu Shu (Shu)
8th place - Lu Kang (Wu)
9th place - Yue Jin (Wei)
10th place - Zhang Chunhua (Jin)
11th place - Ma Yunlu (Shu)

Honorable mentions to the runner ups: Lu Lingqi (Lu Bu's daughter), Gao Shun (unalligned) and Guan Xing (Shu)

In response to this poll KOEI then created a design for the character that takes the top spot as if s/he would be appearing in the next DW game, which in this case is Guo Jia.

[image=http://uppix.net/2/c/0/2461dad02412261aa9bdf406aaeea.jpg] [face_applause]

Not a bad pick either. Guo Jia was of course Cao Cao's most trusted and respected strategist known for his efforts planning against Lu Bu, Liu Biao, Yuan Shao and his sons. Eventually Cao Cao personally blamed his failing at Chibi on the simple loss of Guo Jia who had previously died to illness.

Tiamatican

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 10, 2009
Interesting. And a pretty cool design. I probably would have gone with Yu Jin, or Yue Jin.

Aug 29, 2005
zhouyuDAman said:
Wasn't Yue Jin and Yu Jin one of the 5 Generals of Wei?

Yeah they both were, with Zhang Liao, Zhang He, and Xu Huang.

I'd love to see those to put in along with Cheng Pu, Li Dian, Guan Xing, and Yuan Shu.

May 28, 2011
I like the idea of Yuan Shu, he was a major player in the early sections... also I think Liu Biao and Wen Chou would be good ones to add in instead of the other crappy ones. Don't get me wrong, I love new characters, but Bao Sanniang and Zhuge Dan? There needs to be some tough officers mixed in with all the new tacticians!

Aug 29, 2005
BeefHemoth42 said:
I like the idea of Yuan Shu, he was a major player in the early sections... also I think Liu Biao and Wen Chou would be good ones to add in instead of the other crappy ones. Don't get me wrong, I love new characters, but Bao Sanniang and Zhuge Dan? There needs to be some tough officers mixed in with all the new tacticians!

Yeah, I hear that dude.

fize4ever

Noob
Jan 18, 2011
Not bad, not bad. I would've liked if they added Chen Gong, Wen Chou, Yue Jin, and Ma Su too. They're all very colorful with a potential plot.

StormOfDantess

Captain Bunny Killer
Sep 10, 2008
I would have lol'd if Pang De came in first. Koei could have just released the Pang De art from 5 lol.

Nice pick with Guo Jia though. Cool design.

Dec 25, 2011
1st place - Guo Jia (Wei)
2nd place - Yue Jin (Wei)
3rd place - Pang De (Wei)
4th place - Xun Yu (Wei)

You think that Yue Jin and Xun Yu is next to be added since Pang De and Guo Jia got picked?