Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://tv.ign.com/articles/949/949158p1.html]Family Guy: Top 10 Musical Moments[/link]
by Ahsan Haque

Summary:
Since its inception, some of the funniest and most memorable moments on Family Guy have been the musical numbers. With multiple Emmy nominations and wins over the years, it's pretty clear that these catchy songs are amongst the best on television. Here's a list of some of our favorites. [link=http://tv.ign.com/articles/949/949158p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

efwiz

Noob
Aug 23, 2007
First? =D

Yeah, you got it right. But God, Family Guy sure doesn't let up on musicals...they eat up a good chunk of time that could be used for comedy. I often find myself wishing they weren't there...I mean, what is Seth McFarlane going for?

W

Wrongone

Original poster
My favorites are Never gonna give you up and Take on me, those are hilarious.

Aug 5, 2005
Was afraid Shipoopi wasn't going to make it, as that is definitely one of the most memorable. Kinda dissapointed by the lack of Stewie and Brian Road show songs (in a way, famous for musical numbers), though I couldn't choose just one, so it's good to leave them be.

Surprised Stewie's recent ones didn't make it, or the "Don't Stop Believing" sequence. Hell, even Barry Manilow or Frank Sinatra Jr. are worth an honorable mention.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I loved the Vasectamy and Never Gonna Give You Up songs. I'm glad they didn't choose any Herbert songs.

nutz22

Noob
Nov 14, 2007
i was surprised that "sodomy" wasn't on the list, i find myself singing that one all the time.

da89

Noob
Aug 19, 2008
My fav is "Prom Night Dumpster Baby"
it has a nice catchy tune and its easy to sing to.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I like the one from Road to Rupert when Stewie tap-dances. And also the end of Road to Rhode Island

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Also, when Barry Manilow sings Mandy to Quagmire.

That show has too many funny musicals to choose from.

BJS842004

Noob
May 15, 2003
@Koltzj
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that thought that Shipoopi was annoying and painfully unfunny. It's a damn shame that IGN didn't agree with me. As I got into the top 5 I got excited thinking that it wouldn't make the list, but damn, #1 really?

Freakin' FCC is wayyyy better than that abomination. Cowboy Buttsex was also a great one. Hell, I'd even put Surfin' Bird or Rock Lobster over it and they're horrendous!

Pine22

Noob
Mar 23, 2003
how could you not love shipoopi? the other ones were funny songs but this one was actually one of the songs from a real musical "the music man". they even animated the dances from the original lol

Mar 17, 2001
Wow Family Guy's into its seventh season already? I stopped watching about the 3rd when Stewie became less megalomeniacal and more closet homosexual. Not BECAUSE of that reason in particular, but it pretty much encapsulates the changing attitude of the show.

Also, I think "Give up the Toad Now" beats Shipoopi in every way. It even includes a magical shrinking Peter!

Keyglow

Noob
Oct 18, 2007
I think it's pathetic that I'm pissed that no one mentions Shipoopi is from Music Man, and the "This House is Freakin Sweet" number was a pastiche of "I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here" from Annie. But I'm pissed.

CDNviking

Noob
Mar 19, 2008
yeah drunken irish dad should have totaly been on here!
Other than that this list rocks.
And thanks for the note about the "Idont know!!!" at the end of "Take on me". That one moment is without a doubt my favorite moment in family guy... ever.

Oct 3, 2005
Two omissions I noticed were "Evil, Evil Monkey!" and "Noble Indian Chief."

"Evil,Evil Monkey" by Chris Griffin's Heavy Metal band where he claims he is gonna rock all night til 930 '...cause that's when the party is ova!' The second, "Noble Indian Chief" is right there with "Prom Night Dumpster Baby" and "Shipoopi" as my fav numbers they've ever done.

KelliBelli

Noob
Nov 20, 2007
I honestly thought This House Is Freakin Sweet was going to be number one! it was the first musical number that comes to my head and is my favourite. I wish Give up the toad was on this list but other then that i love it.

bikitybam

Noob
May 5, 2002
I've never thought Family Guy's musical numbers were funny at all. Even back when I liked the show (before it went off the air), I thought they were bland. They could never even come close to the musical numbers on a certain Comedy Central cartoon...

mmntech

Noob
Sep 15, 2008
You guys might want to find different links for the video because the Hulu and Adult Swim links won't play for people like me outside of the US.

IFightWithIke

The Really Smart Dumb Guy
Mar 28, 2008
I couldn't help but notice the unfortunate omission of Stewie's "The List". I don't know if someone before me has said this or not, but damn, that one was hilarious. As I moved down from 10 - 1, I kept thinking it had to be number 1. I think a reworking needs to be done to include that one, at least in the top 5.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
-Yeah, you got it right. But God, Family Guy sure doesn't let up on musicals...they eat up a good chunk of time that could be used for comedy. I often find myself wishing they weren't there...I mean, what is Seth McFarlane going for?

Guess what, there not trying to create/recreate music to sell records. They are spoofs of of either past music numbers or new creative funny music. And that's also called comedy. Try listening and watching what they do during the music. Most of the time, it's pretty funny.

If you find yourself "getting goosebumps" or questioning your sexuality (like Stewie said to Brian) while watching Stewies video for Everything I Do, you have problems.

SirLemming

Noob
Apr 4, 2002
The best Family Guy musical moment is definitely "You've Got A Lot To See" when Brian is singing to the old lady about all the stuff she's missed over the years.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
-where's "don't stop believing"??

it's in the episode when Joe and Bonnie have their baby. I think it's called Oceans 3.5

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
-where's "don't stop believing"??

it's in the episode when Joe and Bonnie have their baby. I think it's called Oceans 3.5
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I was thinking of the wrong song. I was thinking of "everything I do"

Don't stop believing, is in the episode when Lois takes Meg to get a make over, and the family starts a band. Don't Stop Believing is only a few lines, done on a karaoke machine by Peter, Quagmire, Joe, and Cleveland.

unfromcool

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 3, 2005
That shipoopi bit was the most goddamned annoying thing I had ever seen and it cemented it for me that Family Guy just tries to annoy in order to get a laugh, just because "they can"

Sweet god just thinking about it now makes me want to stab my eyes out with q-tips

Mar 4, 2009
My favourite has to be "Somewhere That's Green", but maybe that's just cos I love Little Shop Of Horrors. Also, not technically a musical moment as such, but the Sand People choir always cracks me up...

Shipoopi at number 1 surprised me, it's one of the few musical moments in the show that I just didn't get, it goes on for far too long and just isn't really all that funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.